Discussion topic: Unable to watch football on Discovery+ app

This message was authored by Skybod This message was authored by: Skybod

Unable to watch football on Discovery+ app

Can anyone help me with regard to watching Champions League highlights with my Discovery+ subscription? When I go to the item, it displays a message, "Contact your provider to find out how to watch". I am definitely signed into my account correctly. I see the same thing whether on my TV or iPhone app. Thank you.

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Unable to watch football on Discovery+ app

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Skybod wrote:

Can anyone help me with regard to watching Champions League highlights with my Discovery+ subscription? When I go to the item, it displays a message, "Contact your provider to find out how to watch". I am definitely signed into my account correctly. I see the same thing whether on my TV or iPhone app. Thank you.

Hi @Skybod 

I suspect that you are trying to watch Discovery plus premium.

The Basic Discovery plus on Sky does not include premium unless you subscribe and pay Sky for TNT Sports on Q.

ie 

TNT Sports subscribers get discovery+ Premium at no extra cost

If you’re a TNT Sports (previously BT Sport) subscriber with a discovery+ account through Sky Marketplace, we’ve upgraded you to discovery+ premium.

The app will be updated soon so you can pause and rewind live TV, and enjoy other features.

Get TNT Sports today and we’ll activate your discovery+ Premium subscription within 24 hours – if you have an active discovery+ account.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Skybod wrote:

Hi @Skybod 

I suspect that you are trying to watch Discovery plus premium.

The Basic Discovery plus on Sky does not include premium unless you subscribe and pay Sky for TNT Sports on Q.

ie 

TNT Sports subscribers get discovery+ Premium at no extra cost

If you’re a TNT Sports (previously BT Sport) subscriber with a discovery+ account through Sky Marketplace, we’ve upgraded you to discovery+ premium.

The app will be updated soon so you can pause and rewind live TV, and enjoy other features.

Get TNT Sports today and we’ll activate your discovery+ Premium subscription within 24 hours – if you have an active discovery+ account.

Skybod
Topic Author
This message was authored by Skybod This message was authored by: Skybod

Hi, thank you for your prompt and helpful reply. That sounds very likely to be the reason sadly as I don't have Discovery+ Premium. I either wasn't aware or had forgotten that there was another level. Seems like I will have to miss out as I can't afford yet another subscription. Thanks again.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion