Discussion topic: TV Essentials Package

This message was authored by Cooper+D This message was authored by: Cooper+D

TV Essentials Package

If you were to cancel your Sky Signature subscription and opt to take the TV essentials package instead, which is basically freeview with a Q box, would you then be on a monthly rolling contract or would you be re-contracted for another 18 month's. Thanks.

All my opinions are my own.

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: TV Essentials Package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cooper+D  No it's another 18 month minimum term contract 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@Cooper+D  No it's another 18 month minimum term contract 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by Chalk+Serpent This message was authored by: Chalk+Serpent

I know several people who have this and it's a rolling monthly contract, price set for 12 months with no increases can be cancelled anytime. 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Was going on the small print in the top image below from This  link which clearly states 18 month contract 

IMG_0345.png

This message was authored by Chalk+Serpent This message was authored by: Chalk+Serpent

Probably, as with everything with Sky, it varies depending on customer. I wonder if you're new to Sky and get TV Essentials with their BB it's the an 18 month contract. If you already have Sky and are downgrading package you can get rolling monthly. What you show on previous page is the link for new customers to get it with BB, on this thread they were asking about cancelling Signature and getting TV Essentials instead. 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Cooper+D  Might be worth giving sky a call for clarification as only they know the true answer 

This message was authored by jtready2005 This message was authored by: jtready2005

I was told yesterday by the Live Chat that TV Essentials is on a rolling contract at £15 per month.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion