Discussion topic: Sports sidebar

gazariooni
Topic Author
This message was authored by gazariooni This message was authored by: gazariooni

Re: Sports sidebar

Exactly my point @Nursebill57 - Sky have taken something so very useful away and replaced it with a duplication, something that is already where it should be - in the Apps section - crazy!
I have taken up the suggestion of @MightyQuinn and contacted viewer relations. I'll copy their reply when I get it in a couple of days.

This message was authored by Geordie This message was authored by: Geordie

Totally agree, the sidebar was far superior. You can glancexat you favourite teams fixtures and scores without changing the channel you're watching. It's a rubbish update.😡

This message was authored by atgio This message was authored by: atgio

BRING BACK THE SIDEBAR!!!!!!

Right now I just tried checking the football scores whilst watching Ebor racing action on ITV1 HD.....

THE NEW APP ON THE SIDEBAR IS CRAP AND NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE!

Bring back the SIDE BAR

gazariooni
Topic Author
This message was authored by gazariooni This message was authored by: gazariooni

Sky's response ended........

'I really do appreciate you sharing your feedback with us and I've taken your points on board. I will pass your comments on to our Sky Sports team for their awareness'

I'll wait and see, without holding my breath. I still can't believe there's an App in the Sidebar, doh!!!

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Apologies I'm only seeing this thread now, I can relay your feedback to the teams behind Sky Sports and Sky Sports+.

I'm not someone who used that sidebar for Sports so could you please explain to me:

• What noticeable differences are seeing that you're unhappy with?
  • What do you expect to see in this sidebar that you don't anymore since the launch of SS+

Screenshots were possible is always useful too.

I appreciate any more information you can give me so I can share the specific points 🙂

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Chloe-W22 

The extremely useful Sky Sport (Scores) has been replaced with the Sky Sports App (Sky Sports+).

The old Sky Sports on the Sidebar allowed you to view Scores/Tables/Fixtures etc. in the Sidebar while still watching the live programme on the left hand side of the screen.

The Tables, fixtures and results has been moved to Home -> Sports -> Football -> Tables, fixtures and results. This takes up the entire screen and audio and you can no longer keep up with the current live programme at the same time.

Image, the Sky Sports (Scores) has been replaced with the Sky Sports App, which is Sky Sports+ Obviously cannot share an image of how it was because it has now gone.

IMG_0164.jpeg

IMG_0165.JPEG

Hi Chloe,

Thank you for your concern.

The side bar was a "quick glance" at the football  scores, tables, fixtures while watching normal TV without changing channels. This took up about a fifth of the the screen so did not interfere with the progame you are currently watching. You could also follow your " favourite teams" and news about them without switching to a totally different channel or app. The new current replacement "App" should not replace the sidebar. Is it not possible to have the sidebar and the new " Sport App" to run concurrently? If not, please can we have the sport sidebar back. Thank you for listening.😎

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe-W22 in the side bar it used to  be Sky sports not the Sky sports app as per my pictures below but since bringing out Sky sports+ the app changed from Sky sports to sky sports app. The second picture is what would open after clicking on Sky sports 

PXL_20240808_165619523.jpgPXL_20240808_165637734.jpg

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
gazariooni
Topic Author

Hi @Chloe-W22

The guys beat me to it and pretty well summed up what I, and everyone I have spoken to, feel about this. Main issue to me is the lost information at your fingertips, which was so useful, and also the fact that an App has found it's way into a Sidebar application. It's very much a downgrade from what was there previously.

Thanks for taking the time to look into this,

Gary

We'll put Gary...bring back the side bar...pleeeeeeease..😎

This message was authored by Stevest This message was authored by: Stevest

Cant beleive this has gone. It was so usefull following the scores and all the live football tables at the weekend. You could instantly see the results of your favourite teams on the main screen.

The new app is so slow and replaces the live tv with a ful screen app with no sound.

I dont mind the app being in the app section, but a replacement for the side bar it is not !!!!

Hopefully @Chloe-W22 will pass all the comments on, to the sports team 

gazariooni
Topic Author

Well, thanks for trying guys. It would appear that Sky don't have the humility to put their hands up and admit they've made a mahoosive gaffe with this one and give customers what they want.

Maybe we're the wrong demographic to be listened to in this crazy world. I for one have cancelled Sports in absolute disgust at ignoring customers. I'm not sure this is getting through....APPS for APPS section, SIDEBAR for the SIDEBAR. It's not even a Sports App, it's an advert for what sport is on Sky!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion