Discussion topic: Sound dropout on main event

This message was authored by Simonb73 This message was authored by: Simonb73

Re: Sound dropout on main event

I'm having the drop outs but it isn't just on UHD. Seems to be on HD too. I have tried a few things but nothing has worked. Reset etc,. we also have the HDMi fault on start up and have to remove the lead and refit to get the picture. We have turned the HDMI control off to try and stop this. I have tried a different lead in a different port and still no good. Along with this we also lose the picture for a split second every now and the TV shows the HLG banner in the corner after a black screen. 

TV is LG G4

Sky Q box is about a year old. Not very happy.  

This message was authored by The+Real+ITSNev This message was authored by: The+Real+ITSNev

I'm wondering if this a LG G4 Issue?

We use to get the drop outs and a reset would sort it or deleting stuff from the deleted. The HDMI thing we had with our old LG E6 but not the black outs. I have tried everything with this one so will have to try and get on to Sky and see what they suggest. 

This message was authored by RevBob This message was authored by: RevBob

I have given up on sky 4k. Renewing my contract in JD. PS I have Panasonic 4 I oled tv

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thank you for your continued patience whilst we work to get this looked into 🙂

We have made a change on our end today and are interested to hear if this is now resolved for you. Can you please confirm if you are still experiencing the sound dropping out on Main Event UHD?

If the issue is still happening, please give us an example date / time the issue occurred and what content was being broadcast at the time.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator
This message was authored by The+Real+ITSNev This message was authored by: The+Real+ITSNev

Does this change also cover 406 F1 UHD?

This message was authored by Bruce+S+G This message was authored by: Bruce+S+G

I have had no issues for a few days now. The Golf , Darts and Cricket over the weekend (401) was fine with no dropouts  and i had no isssues with F1 UHD on 406. 

This message was authored by cornerstone+golf This message was authored by: cornerstone+golf

Hi

I can confirm that whatever you have done your end has sorted it on Main Event UHD! No drop out and all lip sync issues have gone too!

All good things come to those that wait.....

I didnt watch much last might but didn't notice any drop outs. I will see what happens tonight. 

We are still having the sound drop outs. HD channels and recordings. 

This message was authored by MentorMaster This message was authored by: MentorMaster

First chance to watch Sky Main Event, live cricket from 5pm, and the sound is perfect. Checked my Sky Q box and sound is set to Dolby Digital Plus and my Sony TV is saying sound is Dolby Atmos - DD+. So it looks like problem is fixed. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Just watch F1 UHD 406 and not a single audio drop out. Also LG G4 software was updated yesterday to 03.11.05. 

So thank you Sky and LG. Problem seems to be sorted, finally!!!!

Our old box went back yesterday and we have a new one now. Picture and sound drop outs on everything pointed to a faulty HDMI socket. New box is all good. 

This message was authored by Footballfan405 This message was authored by: Footballfan405

Hi @DanielF

Watched cricket and F1 on Sky Sports Main Event (channel 401). No issues with the sound dropping out. The problem would appear to ne sorted. Thank you.

This message was authored by gbailey1412001 This message was authored by: gbailey1412001

I'm still having the sound and picture dropouts on my Sky Q box. Its a 2TB. V3 box connected to an LG 65G4. I've reset the box with the 001 code and it fixes it for a short time but a day or so later it comes back. I've also deleted all old recordings to leave 25% full. Is the next stage a change of box?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion