Discussion topic: Sound dropout on main event

This message was authored by MikeH78 This message was authored by: MikeH78

Re: Sound dropout on main event

I have not been as tolerant as yourself, convinced that Sky are well aware of the issue especially given the comments here. The SkyME 401 channel is the only UHD channel I experience the sound drop out with. For the first time, today, I watched the live transmition of Australia vs Georgia rugby on SkyME 401 and it was fault free !!!!

Is this a sign that the problem has been addressed, or was I just lucky?

This message was authored by Footballfan405 This message was authored by: Footballfan405

Hi MikeH78

Let's hope it's finally fixed. 

[I'm not holding my breath]

This message was authored by DM5678 This message was authored by: DM5678

Yes agree problem seems to be resolved, no issues with either the cricket or the golf today '

This message was authored by Weathers This message was authored by: Weathers

Since my card has been re paired no issues. Watched golf all day and nothing. 

This message was authored by MentorMaster This message was authored by: MentorMaster

I stand to be corrected but I do not think the golf on ME is in UHD. it's the UHD version of ME but possibly upscale to UHD. The reason I think this is my Sony TV when pressing the information button shows which Dolby sound it is processing. Mine is only showing Dolby Audio DD+ not Dolby Atmos. The cricket has been fine all day on Cricket channel and F1 in UhD which shows sound is Atmos.  ???

This message was authored by The+Real+ITSNev This message was authored by: The+Real+ITSNev

Watching SkyF1 UHD 406 right now and sound is dropping out, but not as regular as last week. Yesterday watching the qualifying, not a single dropout, but today it's back. 

Wish Sky Engineers would pull their fingers out and fix this once a for all. Are Sky working on this or not, can they provide an update to all on the community?

This message was authored by The+Real+ITSNev This message was authored by: The+Real+ITSNev

Sky SORT THIS OUT, missing important commentary watching F1 on 406. Is this really how you treat you're PAYING CUSTOMERS. Now come on enough is enough. 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@The+Real+ITSNev wrote:

Sky SORT THIS OUT, missing important commentary watching F1 on 406. Is this really how you treat you're PAYING CUSTOMERS. Now come on enough is enough. 

Is there really an issue on Sky Sports F1 406 I thought the issue was Sky Sports Main Event or has it changed channels now.

It's LIVE Stream UHD channels, I get on 401 & 406. Anyone else experiencing audio drop outs today during F1 watching in UHD?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@The+Real+ITSNev wrote:

Anyone else experiencing audio drop outs today during F1 watching in UHD?

@The+Real+ITSNev 

It was fine for me in UHD. Watched from the grid walk. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Footballfan405 This message was authored by: Footballfan405

@The+Real+ITSNev 

I did not get the sound stuttering on 406 UHD today. Never have. But the sound was noticeably quieter than the ads, which is unusual. 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@The+Real+ITSNev wrote:

It's LIVE Stream UHD channels, I get on 401 & 406. Anyone else experiencing audio drop outs today during F1 watching in UHD?

It's been fine on 406 since start of the 2024 F1 season don't watch it on 401 as F1 has it's own UHD channel obviously you need the UHD subscription @The+Real+ITSNev 

Sky Q V2 connected to LG TV and Sky Soundbox.

I never said I watched F1 UHD on 401, just that I'm getting the audio drop outs on both UHD 401 MEand UHD 401 F1. 

You mention Sky Q V2. How do you check the version?

Sky Q connected LG G4 then eARC, Sony HT-5000 sound bar. 

This message was authored by jennaRaw This message was authored by: jennaRaw

I'm getting this issue too watch uhd happens on the darts all the time?

@The+Real+ITSNev wrote:

I never said I watched F1 UHD on 401, just that I'm getting the audio drop outs on both UHD 401 MEand UHD 401 F1. 

You mention Sky Q V2. How do you check the version?

Sky Q connected LG G4 then eARC, Sony HT-5000 sound bar. 

Fair comment @The+Real+ITSNev the easiest way for me is that the Sky Q V2 box has an external PSU also I don't use the Arc port on my tv which is HDMI 2 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-software-updates

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion