Discussion topic: Rugby League wanting to watch all games

This message was authored by XTracey1968x This message was authored by: XTracey1968x

Rugby League wanting to watch all games

Has a rugby league fan and I like to watch all the games.Frim Thursday most will be viewed in the new sky sports + channel .Am I able to record these 2 matches while I watch the other please. As if I can't then this is a waste of money for me as I like to watch the matches. When on normal sky channels I am able to watch and record all asnow I have to pick a match through the red button. so I'm hoping I can pick both games and record them..please help and Thank you 

Moderator note: Amended title to better reflect query

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Recording more than 1 live match through the red button

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@XTracey1968x wrote:

Has a rugby league fan and I like to watch all the games.Frim Thursday most will be viewed in the new sky sports + channel .Am I able to record these 2 matches while I watch the other please. As if I can't then this is a waste of money for me as I like to watch the matches. When on normal sky channels I am able to watch and record all asnow I have to pick a match through the red button. so I'm hoping I can pick both games and record them..please help and Thank you 

Hi @XTracey1968x 

You will not be able to record red button matches.   Only the live channel one.

Same as currently with the Sky Sports App where you cannot record the extra channels

XTracey1968x
Topic Author
This message was authored by XTracey1968x This message was authored by: XTracey1968x

Thanks for reply. I called Sky customer service and they assured me that I can as as calls are recorded and I'm sure they won't lie to VIP customer while recording but we shall wait and see and complaints will be made if we can't record all the matches like we used to till this stupid change over channel business.

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@XTracey1968x wrote:

Thanks for reply. I called Sky customer service and they assured me that I can as as calls are recorded and I'm sure they won't lie to VIP customer while recording but we shall wait and see and complaints will be made if we can't record all the matches like we used to till this stupid change over channel business.

You've never been able to record 'Red Button' matches

I am just another Sky customer!

@XTracey1968x wrote:

Hi @XTracey1968x 

In the Sports Apps all Red button matches are available for streaming and cannot be recorded.  
However it is not known exactly what be available on Q Catchup after the event.

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

@Invisiblename it has been possible to record red button options, but only when a selection menu has been set up beneath the main option.

We were told sky sports+ was an additional feature, however this isn't the case as it has replaced sky sports arena.

Not only were we lied to the new feature is a backward step as we cannot record from it.

XTracey1968x
Topic Author

@Raider999 

Is this true the guy at C/Services called Alex told yesterday we can and even put me in hold to confirm it...then came back confirmed ut and to make sure there's enough space in the hard drive... obviously..Thank you 

This message was authored by karetaker This message was authored by: karetaker

Sky sports +

Hi I see the new sky sports+ is live today my question is is it possible to record any of the games on the stream,. I selected London broncos v Warrington that is live on Sunday and there is no option to record it. So if I had arranged to go out then I will not be able to watch the game when I come home. How do I then see the game.

Re: Sky sports +

@karetaker wrote:

Hi I see the new sky sports+ is live today my question is is it possible to record any of the games on the stream,. I selected London broncos v Warrington that is live on Sunday and there is no option to record it. So if I had arranged to go out then I will not be able to watch the game when I come home. How do I then see the game.

Hi @karetaker 

Afraid only the live channel can be recorded and not the Red Button Sports plus App streams.

However it is not clear what highlights or Catch up will be available after the events

Thanks for that reply. If that's the case then I find it to be really unfair in that you are then kind of forced to stay in if you really wanted to watch the game and not record it like you were able to do so.

@karetaker wrote:

Thanks for that reply. If that's the case then I find it to be really unfair in that you are then kind of forced to stay in if you really wanted to watch the game and not record it like you were able to do so.

Hi @karetaker 

You have never been able to Record Sports App streams.

No I understand that that, but before the games were moved to the new channel and were live on the normal channels you could record them. With now moving them to the stream channel you can now not record them and as yet am not sure if they get added to the catch up channel so you can at least download them. Again I say this is unfair if you are not able to watch the event live.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@karetaker wrote:

No I understand that that, but before the games were moved to the new channel and were live on the normal channels you could record them. With now moving them to the stream channel you can now not record them and as yet am not sure if they get added to the catch up channel so you can at least download them. Again I say this is unfair if you are not able to watch the event live.

I am not sure that the games only available via the app would necessarily have been available on linear channnels to record

Games on the Sports+ channel (412)  itself can be recorded

But that's the thing before sky sports + came a long all rugby league games were live across the various channels. Now there will only be 2 games per week on the normal channels and the rest moved to the stream service. Until today I could record other games and choose 1 to watch live now they have taken that ability away. 

@nigea99 

Until today all the rugby league games were available on the various channels. Now with the new channel only 2 games will be live on them and all the others will move to the stream. Again until today if there were 3 games on a Friday night I could record 2 and watch one live now this option as been removed. Unless they get added to the catch up I will now not be able to watch the other games and for people on holiday or already had events planned they don't get to record the game. Obviously need to hope they get added to catch up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion