Discussion topic: When will Sky Sports launch and what channel?

middlesex1993
Topic Author
This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

Re: Sky Sports +

Thst now makes sense I tbink

One live EFL game will be available. You can then press the red button to watch any of the other live EFL games but you will not be able to record.

Am I correct?

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Thst now makes sense I tbink

One live EFL game will be available. You can then press the red button to watch any of the other live EFL games but you will not be able to record.

Am I correct?

Based on how this stuff normally works on Q, I think that is exactly how it will work. We will all know for sure later next week!

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by Diane+555 This message was authored by: Diane+555

I asked this back in May but as its closer now do we know if we will be able to get the new sky+ channel on our Sky hd + box as we havent upgraded to sky q yet someone thought we might be able to?

Thanks for any help

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Diane+555 wrote:

I asked this back in May but as its closer now do we know if we will be able to get the new sky+ channel on our Sky hd + box as we havent upgraded to sky q yet someone thought we might be able to?

Thanks for any help

yes the SKY Sports + channel will be available on SKY HD  (SKY Sports Arena gets renamed/repurposed) but for any extra content you will need to use the SKY Sports + app on a mobile device as SKY HD will not be able to access anything via the red button

This message was authored by Diane+555 This message was authored by: Diane+555

Thanks Nigea99

So does that mean i wont be able to watch my team on sky sports + unless its their chosen game.

Like the first championship week there are 12 games being shown in the new sky + channel, so wont i be able to press the red button as ive done in the past for red button games to view the one i want to watch? 

Sorry if it's a silly question

@Diane+555 wrote:

Thanks Nigea99

So does that mean i wont be able to watch my team on sky sports + unless its their chosen game.

Like the first championship week there are 12 games being shown in the new sky + channel, so wont i be able to press the red button as ive done in the past for red button games to view the one i want to watch? 

If the game is noton the Linear channel but one of the 'Red button' games then you won;t be able to watch via a SKY HD box but as mentioned you can watch on a mobile device such as ipad or Andorid tablet using the revamped SKY Sports + app

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Diane+555 wrote:

Thanks Nigea99

@Diane+555 there is no red button access but if you download the specific sky sports for mobile app (phones and tablets only) onto your device you will have access to all streams that are not the chosen games 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
middlesex1993
Topic Author
This message was authored by middlesex1993 This message was authored by: middlesex1993

All very confusing

As I said at start of thread I have Sky Q box.

I note with the new  Sky Sports + channel I will be able to watch games via the red buitton on my television.

Hpwever I am getting confused re the Apps. On my laptop and iPhone I have Sky Go App. Will  that not work with the new Sky Sports +  channel re the red button or will  I only be able to watch the one main game.on my laptop and mobile phone and have to rely on my television to watch other games via the red button 

@middlesex1993 wrote:

All very confusing

I note with the new  Sky Sports + channel I will be able to watch games via the red buitton on my television.

Hpwever I am getting confused re the Apps. On my laptop and iPhone I have Sky Go App. Will  that not work with the new Sky Sports +  channel re the red button or will you only be able to watch the one main game.

TBH you are best waiting & seeing it in action than fretting over it

I guess it has not helped that other customers with SKY HD boxes have joined your discussion.

SKY HD boxes  will not have  red button access to let them watch the additional content but SKY Q is different and will let you watch additional content launched via the red button

The SKY Sports + App on mobile devices will also let you watch the content that will be availble via the red button and may even have extra content 

@middlesex1993 wrote:

All very confusing

Hpwever I am getting confused re the Apps. On my laptop and iPhone I have Sky Go App. Will  that not work with the new Sky Sports +  channel re the red button or will you only be able to watch the one main game.

@middlesex1993 The streams will not be available via sky go on any device 

you need to download the specific sky sports mobile app from either apple or android App Store  on a mobile phone or tablet only 

the app will then give you all the available live streams via the watch tab at bottom of the screen 

IMG_0446.png

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

middlesex1993
Topic Author

Thanks for that reply

I have two apps. My Sky and Sky Go app

Will I now need  a third app. Sky Sports + App.

I do find modern technology so difficult 

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Thanks for that reply

@middlesex1993 

You may find that everything you want to watch is availble on the rebranded SKY Sports+ channel or via the red button or Sports 'rails' on SKY Q  but, yes, if it is not available that way you will need the newly revamped SKY SPorts + app on a mobile device such as a Tabllet

middlesex1993
Topic Author

Thanks 

I shall just rely on my television and Sky Q box.

@middlesex1993 wrote:

Thanks for that reply

@middlesex1993  yes you will need a third app and to cause slightly more confusion it's called just sky sports nothing else 

so go to your App Store and search sky sports 

middlesex1993
Topic Author

As I say. I will just rely on my television and Sky Q box. I assume all I will have to do is press the red button.

As I say. I am finding all of this impossible to deal with.

To be honest I really only watch premier league games so I do not think I will need new channel. I assume premier league games will stay on premier league channel.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion