Discussion topic: Sky Q Mini Box keeps freezing

This message was authored by Trog This message was authored by: Trog

Sky Q Mini Box keeps freezing

My Sky Q mini box keeps freezing this happens about once a week sometimes more often 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Sky Q Mini Box keeps freezing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trog 

Try rebooting your main Sky Q box, then once that's back up and running do the same with the mini box.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Trog 

Try rebooting your main Sky Q box, then once that's back up and running do the same with the mini box.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by HunshelfHazzer This message was authored by: HunshelfHazzer

Same here, Sky Mini boxes keep freezing. We have 2 snd they both do it. Yesterday the Sky Q box froze. 

It is getting more frequent. Is there a problem with the software?

This message was authored by andyfromt-town This message was authored by: andyfromt-town

Same here. Sky mini box in second room keeps freezing intermittently (and regularly!) and then after ~30 seconds resets and picture comes back.

have tried various reboots and resting to Sky router/booster and main SkqQ box - but no joy.

any other tips here?

This message was authored by Sherilee66 This message was authored by: Sherilee66

Hi I have already done this it's freezing all the time unable to watch anything

This message was authored by P1353 This message was authored by: P1353

Have same issue mainly on live events  Mini box to Sky Q randomly picture will go and come back after few seconds . If pause live tv and watch say minute behind live it's fine no loss of picture ,annoying ! 

This message was authored by Angelalemmon This message was authored by: Angelalemmon

I do this all the time. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion