Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by ChrisUK65 This message was authored by: ChrisUK65

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

I manually forced the update which has been done succesfully. Restarted the box and waited with my breath held as I started Netflix......1 min into watching and the pixelation/artifacts started and did not stop. I released my breath with a bunch of loud expletives and restarted the box and tested again....same problem and I what's more I noticed something similar happening on live broadcast F1...or maybe I am just getting sensative to the issue.

No idea what is supposed to be included in this new software build (to confirm I now have Q270.000.10.02L (5u193hm) and Hardware version is 32B058) as Sky do not seem to give information on what is included in new software builds, but either way I still have a major problem.

@Sky.... this is totally unnecaptable, both the problem itself but more importantly the total lack of respect for your customers by not providing any response to this community stream or indeed providing a fix. I will be calling Monday to raise an official complaint and demand action.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ChrisUK65 wrote:

I now have Q270.000.10.02L (5u193hm)

You are on the most up to date software

@Sky.... this is totally unnecaptable, both the problem itself but more importantly the total lack of respect for your customers by not providing any response to this community stream or indeed providing a fix. I will be calling Monday to raise an official complaint and demand action.

The person you've tagged is a customer who is probably regretting their choice of username. In case you aren’t aware you’re not contacting Sky Customer Services by posting on the forum. We are mainly customers trying to help other customers.

A staff member responded to this thread (see post 2).

No need to wait until Monday (unless you're in the ROI). You can call today or see this link regarding a complaint

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

As teams are working on this  already demanding action won't fix it any quicker. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Tina1961 This message was authored by: Tina1961

Yep, so updated to the latest firmware and still the same for us.

This message was authored by NeillG1 This message was authored by: NeillG1

Hi. Just joined this conversation. L have had same issues as others. I saw the Sky answer was over a month ago sayingvthey are looking into it. Updats dont seemed to have worked. Are Sky going to acknowledge there is an issue and  what is causing it as well as fixing it?

This message was authored by KPNutt This message was authored by: KPNutt

Sent complaint no2 requesting reimbursing for the 2 months fault has been present we'll see

This message was authored by GrahamRTK This message was authored by: GrahamRTK

@NeillG1 Sadly, there are no available updates that will fix this pixelation issue !!😡

This message was authored by stukes This message was authored by: stukes

Yes nearly two weeks and nothing from sky to my question if they do have as reported by others an issue since we did the last update to sky q they should compensate us for the inferior service we are receiving whilst paying an absolute premium I'm sure if I didn't pay my bill they would be swift to contact me and even cut me off but sadly they do not share there responsibility to their customers it would be nice if they contacted me , it is however a platform on their site to air problems 

is it just profit over service 

This message was authored by Meldrewman This message was authored by: Meldrewman

After a long series of exchanges suggesting I reset and download just about everything possible I received this ...

"Good afternoon,

We have managed to recreate this issue and we are now working to resolve it, at the moment we don't have a date as to when this will be fixed.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. Thanks, Laura"

That was 15th August. 

This message was authored by Aitch57 This message was authored by: Aitch57

Hi All, just to keep you updated, I have put in a formal complaint to Sky today, a very nice guy on the support team has given me a £30 credit off next months bill, he said the contract can be cancelled at any time because the fault is on their side, I will give them two months to sort it out , apparently it could take up to 56 days. Cheers.

This message was authored by Govee This message was authored by: Govee

@Aitch57Hmm they gave me £15 ?

This message was authored by Bob+Niro This message was authored by: Bob+Niro

@Govee You must have only been half as persuasive as aitch57!!!

Our of curiosity for those who have contacted Technical support have they acknowleged there is an issue now or do they still take you though their checks i.e. checking your latest software update and refreshing apps etc. I was going to log a call later but there doesn't seem to be much point.

I wonder are they just paying compensation to those who raise a complaint?

This message was authored by Bob+Niro This message was authored by: Bob+Niro

I wonder what Laura means by 'recreate this issue'??🤔

This message was authored by type-r This message was authored by: type-r

I also put in my complaint last week and received a similar response to above about updating latest firmware.

I have sent a reply over the weekend showing screenshot of my firmware aswell as the pixelation issue, whichbis quite easy to capture goven how regularly it occurs. I'm now awaiting their response.

I personally don't think £30 is a reasonable level of compensation and certainly not £15. I personally thosenshoukd be rejected and a full TV-only credit applied for the period this has been occuring (i.e. 2 months). I believe that is fair level of compensation for a service that has been disrupted. 

Good to know that Sky has waived the contract tie-in - is that for the full Sky package including broadband?

This message was authored by Govee This message was authored by: Govee

@Bob+Niro In my case they new nothing about software problem. At that time, I don't think staff other than engineers were aware of the issue.

They won't be making compensation payments without an official complaint.

This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Apologies for the length of time it's taken to resolve this issue.

Teams are still working hard to get a fix for this issue & we will update the thread once we know more.

Thank you for your patience whilst teams continue to work to fix this.

Daniel
Community Moderator

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion