Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by The+ACTUAL+Truth This message was authored by: The+ACTUAL+Truth

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

In regards Sky apps pixelating constantly,  your post in response of 4th October says you will keep us informed. As it is now 21st October and the situation remains the same, is there ANY sort of update? Frankly, with all the sky services I am paying a small fortune for,  I expect better service, especially as I lost access to ALL my Sky apps 18 months ago and waited almost 8 months for resolution. Thank you for your time.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Aimeec1 wrote:

No other way to watch via my TV.

Does it not have an HDMI socket to plug a firestick into?

This message was authored by Jonsey2 This message was authored by: Jonsey2

Pixelated streaming

Why is paramount and Disney pixelated when sky is fine and internet on the other devices is fine

This message was authored by PlecoGirl This message was authored by: PlecoGirl

Re: Pixelated streaming

Hi, I am having this too. Just updated all my software, hoping that may help. My broadband is fine.

This message was authored by Edrica This message was authored by: Edrica

I'm also having this problem on Netflix and Primr

please fix as it's driving us mad 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Pixelated streaming

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonsey2 @PlecoGirl I have moved your posts into a larger thread all about the same problems you are having 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Lisa178 This message was authored by: Lisa178

Still having this issue. It's so frustrating. Netflix, Disney plus and prime all have issues. 

I contacted customer services to discuss around a month ago.  They had no idea what was causing the problem and said as they are not sky products, its basically not their issue and couldn't help.

Even though I'm paying for a sky glass tv and sky q box.  I have no alternative to watch these apps, other than my phone !! 

Once I mentioned this thread and others are having the same issue, I was advised technicians are looking into it. Even though 10 mins earlier in the call I had been advised, all tests came back clear and they couldn't find anything wrong with my equipment. 

I was eventually offered £10 credit.  I am not happy with 1, the amount and 2, the blatant denial. I'd rather an apology and up front honesty.  I've been with Sky years. An update from the team would be nice ! 

This message was authored by JCT9632 This message was authored by: JCT9632

It amazes me at the different levels of customer service between Sky operators, when I asked about being compensated several weeks ago, they emailed me back and said compensation would be calculated from when I made my official complaint to the date they resolved the issue.  I have had a new box which didn't resolve the issue. 

This message was authored by Duckbay15 This message was authored by: Duckbay15

Never been offered any compensation whatsoever only solutions that don't work and apologies 

This message was authored by Halil1974 This message was authored by: Halil1974

By any chance is anyone having these same issues with Sky stream? 

This message was authored by timmy10goals This message was authored by: timmy10goals

Thanks Kev- can I have a refund in the meantime?

This message was authored by CMCMC This message was authored by: CMCMC

Same horrrible customer service from Sky. Tried to ring them, spent an hour on the phone saying there is no problem, then admit there is a problem and an engineer will visit. Could not make a booking as they have an error on my account from 2016 that they will fix and ring me back today to set an engineer visit. NO phone call so I went onto their chat system tongiht.. After their bot asked me lots of silly questions finally got a human that obviously had not read the notes on my account. Asked me the same questions all over again and said I had the error still on my account and will ring me tomorrow again to book engineer visit. I said I don't believe him but it was now 9.03 so he cut me off as they stop at 9pm and said to try chat again in the morning and then left.. I have been with Sky over 25 years and have the full package but clealry they don't care about customer loyalty or customer service.

Netflix, Prime, Disney, Apple + all pixelating. I have a 1.2 Gb connection so clealy NOT my internet speed.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion