Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@StephenTod wrote:

I am seeing the same thing.  Given this thread, it is clearly a common problem so it is disappointing Sky are denying there is an issue.  Meanwhile I have received an email from Sky advising that prices are going up in November and if I don't like it, then I can cancel my subscription.  Looks like they no longer want our custom, which is a bizarre business plan because if this is not resolved soon I will cancel my subscription.

@StephenTod Sky are not denying there is a problem in fact they have acknowledged the problem see post 2 marked as the answer on the first page of this thread 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Mattym63 This message was authored by: Mattym63

To my surprise I have received a email from Sky asking for a date and time for their Sky Q Technical Team can speak with me directly about the pixelating issue.

Well I have pet them know my availability on Friday the 27th of September so I will give a update after their call.

This message was authored by Meldrewman This message was authored by: Meldrewman

@Mattym63

I've had one of those calls too. 

I began by telling them not to suggest the string of "fixes" (resets, reboots, etc) and was offered an engineer visit. 

It's 9th October ... we'll see!. 🤨

This message was authored by Mattym63 This message was authored by: Mattym63

@Meldrewman 

I couldn't agree more as I have already done all of the resets and forth back in July and none worked.

I will also mention this thread as well.

This message was authored by Kenj61 This message was authored by: Kenj61

Sky apps pixelating

Same as everyone else. Can we please have a fix as it it unbearable viewing

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: Sky apps pixelating

@Kenj61 wrote:

Same as everyone else. Can we please have a fix as it it unbearable viewing

@Kenj61 I have moved your post into the large thread all about the same problem

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Mgibson3 This message was authored by: Mgibson3

Same issue here with pixelation when using Prime and Netflix apps over the past couple of months. Thought it was just a me problem but having stumbled on this thread can now see it's clearly a widespread issue related to the Sky equipment.

This message was authored by Stantheman418 This message was authored by: Stantheman418

Still experiencing the same issues for the past few months as others have outlined here. Pixelation is happening for me on Prime, and , Paramount Plus  mainly. There is now aan additional  issue with Paramount whereby streaming just ceases and goes to a black screen-although also experiencing this on Firestick so probably a Paramount issue. However the pixelation still persists in this app which doesn't happen  when viewing same content on the Firestick. I have noticed that the pixelation on Prime has got much worse iver the past week with issues every few minutes making it virtually unwatchable. . Disney Plus is also pixelating, although not seen any issues on iPlayer or ITV X Channel 4 apps. I am pleased to report however, that for me at least,, the Netflix spinning circle of Doom, appears to have been fixed. I can't comment on whether there is any pixelation on this app as stopped using it until today due to not being able to access the app on Sky. The fact that these issues till persist and there is no fix in sight is really poor from Sky and I hope that the fact technical teams are reaching out to people indicates an end in sight to this problem (although this may be very optimistic! On my part!). 

This message was authored by Aitch57 This message was authored by: Aitch57

Hi All, after 3 months of pixelation I've moved to Sky Stream, it cost me an extra £1 a month, but after 2 days I'm very pleased, picture quality is better and sound is fantastic, obviously no pixelation problems, you need a strong signal and will get a better deal as a new customer, also you have 31 days to change your mind and go back to Sky Q.

This message was authored by ian+galloway This message was authored by: ian+galloway

I also have issues with Netflix breaking up when watching through sky q , is this issue being addressed?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@ian+galloway wrote:

I also have issues with Netflix breaking up when watching through sky q , is this issue being addressed?

Did you read the "Answer" post?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Aitch57 wrote:

Hi All, after 3 months of pixelation I've moved to Sky Stream, it cost me an extra £1 a month, but after 2 days I'm very pleased, picture quality is better and sound is fantastic, obviously no pixelation problems, you need a strong signal and will get a better deal as a new customer, also you have 31 days to change your mind and go back to Sky Q.

Signal?

This message was authored by The+Gwim+Weaper This message was authored by: The+Gwim+Weaper

I'm guessing wi-fi "signal".

This message was authored by David+Hillier This message was authored by: David+Hillier

Daniel-F, are we getting any progress on this? You can add mine to the long list. Netflix, Prime, Discovery Plus and Disney all doing it for past few months. Christ it is annoying.

This message was authored by RFCally191 This message was authored by: RFCally191

Could this be a cunning plan to mess with the services we pay for to move us onto SKY Stream? Just a thought.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion