Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by Meldrewman This message was authored by: Meldrewman

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

@Juliejoy 

Word for word the same as mine! 😉

This message was authored by Juliejoy This message was authored by: Juliejoy

@Meldrewman 

No wonder it was a fairly quick response.  Good old stock reply.

Julie

This message was authored by Glassback1 This message was authored by: Glassback1

Don't want to tempt fate but last 2 days Amazon and Discovery Plus have worked fine with no pixelation. Not tried Netflix or Apple. I have done nothing, no manual software upgrade, same Sky Q box and no switch off and on to reset.  🙏 

This message was authored by Govee This message was authored by: Govee

Pointless choosing the email option when making a complaint, select call me. They get to call you back on the same day, usually and after going through the technician route  again, you can stand your ground for compensation.

This message was authored by Juliejoy This message was authored by: Juliejoy

@Govee 

When I did complaint using online form I opted for a call back.  They emailed back about 2 hours later so ignored request for a call back 

Julie 

This message was authored by paulwdickson This message was authored by: paulwdickson

Chat with Tech team

I went down the tech route for flagging issue. At first he said he was unaware of any such issue. I suggested otherwise and he came back acknowledging it.

I explained issues and asked re compensation. The Tesco voucher came up. I explained apps were fine on TV and it was suggested Sky only acted as a host for these apps and that some, such as ITVX, were clunky and Sky couldn't be responsible for them. Sky were responsible for paid for apps. I suggested I paid for a service and Sky were not delivering ....it ended with me suggesting I would look for early contract termination if it wasn't fixed by October...he said that could not be guaranteed and that it would be up to me to take that up....poor call, poor service ..30 years a customer.

This message was authored by B.O.B This message was authored by: B.O.B

Just like to add my name to the app pixelating woes. Been doing it since July? Maybe longer.

But the apps have now started to freeze up and go into black screen mode. So I'm reseting the box almost every day. So I think it's on the way out. Its looking like a phone call to sky is on the way.

This message was authored by BasherIT This message was authored by: BasherIT

I'm getting pretty fed up with it now and then received notification of a price increase. I think it is time to leave Sky and find an alternative provider. When I watch Netflix through the app on my TV it is perfect but through the SkyQ box it is rubbish.

This message was authored by JibbaJoy This message was authored by: JibbaJoy

Update since the main box exchange on 17th: I haven't seen any pixelation or green screen effects at all 😀 so it's fixed for me and I've now got HDR as well. Trouble is the HD is empty but the only things I lost were some itv recordings but I guess I'll have to use itvx to whatch those!

I wonder if having a full HD (2TB) had anything to do with this issue! I didn't see how full it was but with 7 people in the houshold it was probably full.

SkyQ | Samsung 50" Neo QLED UHD TV | Swish Fibre 150 | Linksys MX5500 Mesh LAN
This message was authored by cmoh This message was authored by: cmoh

Having had the new Q box a week no more pixilation or freezing seems to have fixed it for me

This message was authored by Bexstu This message was authored by: Bexstu

Same issue with pixelating on apps, replaced HDMI, good Internet connection over ethernet. Can you provide an update on this issue?

This message was authored by Macculus This message was authored by: Macculus

Ok, so I've had 4 whole days without a single issue and I thought Sky had done some backend wizardry and actually fixed it. No such luck, today Disney+ is unwatchable. The unpredictability is driving me mad! Seems to be mainly this app that I have problems with, plus some issues with Apple TV+.  It may just be that those are the 2 apps I use the most though!

Why is it taking so long to fix this Sky?

This message was authored by Kambo This message was authored by: Kambo

Aside from the pixelation, another thing I've noticed is that on Disney+, programmes no longer resume where you left off. ITV plus, which is rubbish anyway (!) doesn't link up with the app used on other devices at all, so you end up with different episodes on other devices. Wish Sky would get a move on. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion