Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

@ChrisH1991 wrote:

Sorry was actually replying to the top message from a sky employee but didn't show that way - thanks 

No problems, it was posted tongue firmly in cheek. Welcome to the wacky world of Sky's forum software where not much makes sense.

Edit: Oh, and the answer to your question is no.

This message was authored by Macculus This message was authored by: Macculus

I've been having this issue too for the last few weeks. Thought it was my network, but that's fine. It's damn annoying. All apps seem to be affected, but Disney is the one I use most. 

Sky Q box also frequently loses network connection, albeit briefly, but I'm not convinced that's related. 

@Macculus wrote:

I've been having this issue too for the last few weeks. Thought it was my network, but that's fine. It's damn annoying. All apps seem to be affected, but Disney is the one I use most. 

Sky Q box also frequently loses network connection, albeit briefly, but I'm not convinced that's related. 

If possible, a network cable direct to the router will solve the Q connection issue although it won't make any difference to the pixelation problem. If you have a smart TV and it's bad enough to bother you, then use the apps on that instead.

This message was authored by Macculus This message was authored by: Macculus

The point is I shouldn't have to use a different device. My Shield TV and TV apps work fine without disconnects or pixelation, same network, same location. Both shield TV and Q are hardwired, the TV isn't, so WiFi isn't the issue. The sky Q box is the only device I have with these issues, and the pixelation is a recent development, so I can only suspect a software update. 

@Macculus wrote:

The point is I shouldn't have to use a different device. My Shield TV and TV apps work fine without disconnects or pixelation, same network, same location. Both shield TV and Q are hardwired, the TV isn't, so WiFi isn't the issue. The sky Q box is the only device I have with these issues, and the pixelation is a recent development, so I can only suspect a software update. 

If your Q box is hard wired then any disconnect problem is likely to be your internet then, perhaps turning off the WiFi from the hidden menu would help? Who knows.

The pixelation issue could be at Sky's end presuming everything goes through their servers first for authentication rather than direct to Amazon or Disney for instance, or it could be a box software issue. The first post on here was 16/07/2024 which may have been when version 270 was being rolled out piecemeal. I have no idea what version everyone on this thread is on.

This message was authored by DavidM11366258979 This message was authored by: DavidM11366258979

Not the case here. I've hard wired  and still have network issues . The youtube can only stream at 240p. Meanwhile my tv on a wireless connection can stream at 1440p. 

This message was authored by thetwist This message was authored by: thetwist

So whats the latest with this, my wife has been complaining about this. its a sky problem ?

first post so many thanks 

This message was authored by wozkegs This message was authored by: wozkegs

Hi all

Just to add to the list of dissatisfied customers, I too have the pixelisation issue with the Sky Q apps; Prime, Netflix.

Sky are clearly aware and Hould have fixed this issue by now! 

This message was authored by EightLegs This message was authored by: EightLegs

sky Helpline called me yesterday after escalating this fault up to wherever they escalate to......it 'should' be fixed in the next software upgrade but might not.  I asked when that might be but they are unable to give a date. 'Maybe by the end of the month' was the best he could give .  They don't seem to be prepared to accept it was something that happened in the last software upgrade as that is when this all started.

This message was authored by ChrisH1991 This message was authored by: ChrisH1991

Seems to be getting worse today for me on Disney plus, very annoying. It started off only here and there and now happening a lot more. 

This message was authored by cmoh This message was authored by: cmoh

Apart from the Apps pixellating we also get freezing on recordings

This message was authored by ChrisH1991 This message was authored by: ChrisH1991

Surely this has something to do with an update / software 

@cmoh wrote:

Apart from the Apps pixellating we also get freezing on recordings

Freezing as in total freezes or little blips to the picture? I have noticed we seem to have had a few artifacts and stutters in recordings but these recording were made before we updated the box from 260 to 270. The next one I notice I'll replay the recording to see if it's in the same place which would indicate that it was recorded with the fault and therefore not due to the 270 software.

This message was authored by cmoh This message was authored by: cmoh

Judders freezes then moves on happens a few times. Turn program off and on again and that sometimes works. 

This message was authored by Suze505 This message was authored by: Suze505

Same problem here too 🙄...never used to happen. Come on Sky ...sort this out or you are going to lose many customers!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion