Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by Kay142987 This message was authored by: Kay142987

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

I'm having the same problem right now with Netflix, how to people update the apps?  Thanks 

This message was authored by Billy2421 This message was authored by: Billy2421

I am sorry to be blunt but there does not seem to be  a fix to this problem you can go back like I did and try all that has been suggested but they are like you and not from sky of netflix and they do not work to fix the problem. 

I have resigned my self to turning the Sky Q box off and on and a very lengthy email to Sky to explain this or I am OFF in or out of contract as they have failed to keep there part of the contract. 

This message was authored by wgg1848 This message was authored by: wgg1848

Just spent over an hour sorting this problem out. Followed the suggestions regarding resetting of my multi room sky q box. No problems with Net Flix on main box. Patience is required, but eventually it came back on the multi room q box.

Whilst all this was going on, my wife watched Netflix on her IPad!

This message was authored by neurosync2k12 This message was authored by: neurosync2k12

Re: Netflix app not connecting

Not for the first time, but mine is doing this AGAIN tonight. Saturday evening,... super infuriating as this is the main evening of the week where the family gets together for some sit down watching on Netflix,... 🤬

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
(Removed)

Not everyone is experiencing the same issue for me Netflix works on both Samsung Phones Firetablet,  Firetv Stick, Toshiba TV PS5,  XBox S

I pay Sky for Netflix  but can watch on other devices as I don't always watch it via the Sky Q box regardless if the app is working or not @Billy2421 

Moderator note: Removed campaigning comment

This message was authored by Billy2421 This message was authored by: Billy2421

I have no problem getting Netflix on my samsung phone my problem is with Sky and the sky Q box and Netflix. 

Have gone through all the so called "fixes" but they do not work the problem is with SKY and believe me I have let them know in no uncertain words.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Billy2421 wrote:

I have no problem getting Netflix on my samsung phone my problem is with Sky and the sky Q box and Netflix. 

Have gone through all the so called "fixes" but they do not work the problem is with SKY and believe me I have let them know in no uncertain words.

You say this like we don't know? Has anyone suggested the problem is not specific to the Sky Q app?

Never used the term "fixes". What workarounds have you tried? "All" is not very informative.

Sky obviousky already know because they said the next update will contain a fix, but carry on flailing if you like.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Billy2421 wrote:

Fair comment @Billy2421 the problem is actually with Netflix as it's their App Sky just host the app on the Sky Q box like all the other apps which don't belong to Sky some work as they should some don't.

Can't really see what the issue is as Sky aren't forcing you to watch Netflix on the Sky Q box only meaning it's not device specific and Sky are allowing you to watch Netflix on a device of your choice 

Unless Sky Q box is the only device available to you

So in all fairness how is that Sky's fault 

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Billy2421 wrote:

I am sorry to be blunt but there does not seem to be  a fix to this problem you can go back like I did and try all that has been suggested but they are like you and not from sky of netflix and they do not work to fix the problem. 

I have resigned my self to turning the Sky Q box off and on and a very lengthy email to Sky to explain this or I am OFF in or out of contract as they have failed to keep there part of the contract. 

If you could show the part of your contract where Netflix having an issue on a Q box breaks Sky's side of the contract it would be useful?

Hint, you won't find one. If you do stop your payments (for instance, in or out of contract) you would be cutting your own nose off just to spite your own face. It's a really bad idea.

If you don't have another device (Smart TV or streaming device for instance) simply call them and stop the Netflix subscription. It's a rolling monthly add-on so won't affect anything else.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
VM 256Mbps via rubbish VM HUB 3 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by AndyMcFlab This message was authored by: AndyMcFlab

Re: Netflix stopped working on main SkyQ box

Hi All.
I have been experiencing the same issue with Netflix on Sky Q....

I updated the apps in the settings menu - no change.  Then Rebooted by powering the box completely down at the mains - BINGO!  Problem solved (last night).

Then I got up this morning and... back to square one ... Spinning red circle and nothing else.

Has anyone managed to find a lasting solution yet I wonder? 🤔

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix stopped working on main SkyQ box

@AndyMcFlab 

I've merged your post into the large current thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by SteveR71 This message was authored by: SteveR71

Re: Netflix on SkyQ

@Daniel0210 Yes, a red spinning circle. Did the usual, turned it all off and on again and it did the trick. Checked again just now and it's still OK. 👍

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix on SkyQ

@SteveR71 

I'll merge your post into a thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. Sky are aware of it. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by SH19691 This message was authored by: SH19691

Netflix not loading

Hi, I just keep getting the red spinning circle? I've unplugged it and left it for 10 mins, refreshed the apps, updated the software and it still won't load? It does seem to load on the TV with the mini box though?

Re: Netflix not loading

@SH19691 

I've merged your post into a thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. Sky are aware of it. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion