Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

@piepowder wrote:

...Interestingly my friend on BT service ISP has no problem with obtaining Netflix service

You mean running Netflix on their Sky Q box through BT broadband?

If so then when I had the problem last year I was on Sky broadband and still was when it was resolved (however that happened). I'm now on Virgin BB but I don't believe the BB supplier has any effect on this issue.

@piepowder wrote:

P.S. yesterday this thread was at page 101 - now at 97.

Been a cull?

Possibly the troll(s) have been removed?

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mardymoo71 wrote:

Had major issues with Netflix loading on my sky box, maybe as I don't pay for it through sky? Either way it's expensive and I expect to get what I pay for! 

You aren't paying for Netflix to work on a Q box, you're paying for access to the service.

I pay direct too and it works fine for me so no, I don't think that's the cause.

Re: Can't connect to Netflix via Sky - just spinning blue circles?

@Swiss wrote:

I have netflix included in my Sky package but often it won't connect and displays spinning blue circles??

Blue (not red?) circles (plural)?

That's different

This message was authored by piepowder This message was authored by: piepowder

Yikes getting bizarre now

Previously I had tried settings > info - "updated" the software- which worked for 24 hours on the main box.

At days 2 & 3 since I find the main box will not function however, the mini box does.

I'm really struggling to understand how this can be - main box says 'no', mini box says 'yes'. Given that many cannot access the service that they have paid for which remains broken after much time - would a mass termination create a suffucuent stir in SKY? A kind of Kinder Scout mass trespass message? Lets face it if you can't access Netflix and seemingly for a number of people that is a static unresolved event, then one is already losing netflix, so terminating makes no significant difference other than losing 'my list'.

Just to compound the confusion - went direct to Netflix site on my PC and did a SKY log in - worked. Hence seems to be a main box problem. I'll try switching it off ,aybe

This message was authored by piepowder This message was authored by: piepowder

OK switched off main box - zilch effect.

So went to SKY on TV via main box. Noticed reference to a Netflix programme on Home (left  index Home tab). Clicked on that - straight to that programme on Netflix, left arrow - main Netflix menu.

So can access Netflix

a) on PC via Netflix site + SKY log in

b) on mini box from left index app choice

c) on main box but via let menu > Home > Netflix advertised programme.

This suggests to me by a process or reductive deduction that it is the app in the app menu on the main box that is "corrupt" not the service as such. Why on a main box and not the mini eludes me. It means that I seemingly can access Netlfix just not on the main box

Sometimes I really do hate technology as when it goes doolally the fix is seemingly not on  the provider's radar of customer service - as looking across the internet this is issue is almost a year old

@piepowder wrote:

Yikes getting bizarre now

Previously I had tried settings > info - "updated" the software- which worked for 24 hours on the main box.

At days 2 & 3 since I find the main box will not function however, the mini box does.

I'm really struggling to understand how this can be - main box says 'no', mini box says 'yes'. Given that many cannot access the service that they have paid for which remains broken after much time - would a mass termination create a suffucuent stir in SKY? A kind of Kinder Scout mass trespass message? Lets face it if you can't access Netflix and seemingly for a number of people that is a static unresolved event, then one is already losing netflix, so terminating makes no significant difference other than losing 'my list'.

Just to compound the confusion - went direct to Netflix site on my PC and did a SKY log in - worked. Hence seems to be a main box problem. I'll try switching it off ,aybe

Given the limited number of people who this affects and the even more limited number of people who can't access Netflix on a Smart TV or streaming stick for instance, then no, I don't think Sky would notice.

Of course Netflix is a rolling monthly add-on so anyone is free to cancel it and save their £4.50 (or whatever they pay) and wait for it to be fixed.

Anyone out of minimum term is also free to cancel the entire thing (giving the months notice) but if anyone does do that purely because Netflix is broken on the Q box for them, then I can only guess that they didn't need Sky in the first place.

It's well known that it plays fine on other platforms so you're not exactly adding anything new there.

This message was authored by Dunnie21 This message was authored by: Dunnie21

Netflix

Anyone else having this problem?

My Netflix will play fine on my SkyQ box but will NOT play on my multiroom mini box. 

I have tried everything possible without success to solve this problem including a full reset of both Skyq and the mini box. Everything is showing as working and connected but I just get the red spinning spool on the mini box.

Very frustrating SKY!!!!!

This message was authored by Mouse_ This message was authored by: Mouse_

My Netflix won’t load circle keeps going round

Netflix red circle on screen just keeps going round, any help out there 

This message was authored by Sarahjadee_x This message was authored by: Sarahjadee_x

Netflix not loading

I have tried everything reseting, etc but netflix will not load on my TV anyone got any advise?

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Netflix not loading

@Sarahjadee_x wrote:

I have tried everything reseting, etc but netflix will not load on my TV anyone got any advise?

Use the Netflix app on your smart TV or any other streaming device. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Re: My Netflix won’t load circle keeps going round

@Mouse_ wrote:

Netflix red circle on screen just keeps going round, any help out there 

@Mouse_ I have moved your post into a large thread all about the problem you are having

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by scottyjland73 This message was authored by: scottyjland73

Cant get on to my Netflix sticking on the loading page

Can't get on to my Netflix it's sticking on the loading page and the circle is just going round 

Re: Netflix

@Dunnie21 wrote:

Anyone else having this problem?

My Netflix will play fine on my SkyQ box but will NOT play on my multiroom mini box. 

I have tried everything possible without success to solve this problem including a full reset of both Skyq and the mini box. Everything is showing as working and connected but I just get the red spinning spool on the mini box.

Very frustrating SKY!!!!!

Full factory reset? I would have expected that to work as well as the "kicking your sky boxes off netflix via "Manage Access and Devices" workaround. Have you tried the latter?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Cant get on to my Netflix sticking on the loading page

@scottyjland73 

I've merged your post into a thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion