Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

@Anonymous @I think the general advice is don't click on software update till someone says it's on the download stream, because it could be dormant on your box downloaded waiting to update overnight but forcing an update manually will download the latest known stable version and then you won't get the actual update till it's on the download stream as you would have potentially interrupted the batch rollout process) 

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Pogit wrote:

@Anonymous @I think the general advice is don't click on software update till someone says it's on the download stream, because it could be dormant on your box downloaded waiting to update overnight but forcing an update manually will download the latest known stable version and then you won't get the actual update till it's on the download stream as you would have potentially interrupted the batch rollout process) 

I'm not understanding the "till someone says it's on the download stream"? Who is this "someone" firstly?

This message was authored by Paul309 This message was authored by: Paul309

Netflix red circle unable to launch

•  I cannot launch netflix just get red spinning circle I have rebooted and tried to do settings 001 advice but this doesn't appear to be available.any advice please
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous 

The software updates are released to just some boxes at a time. From my past experience it's usually on a Tuesday night / Wednesday morning which is why some customers are commenting on the fact they've seen Q270 arrive overnight. I'm still on Q260. It may be that the next batch is in a few days or even a week. Once the majority have been updated it'll be released so that customers who carry out a manual software update then get the new one. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix red circle unable to launch

@Paul309 

I've merged your post into a lengthy thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. This will be resolved in the latest software update (to Q270) which started to rollout overnight. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Holmesy70 This message was authored by: Holmesy70

What really anooys me about SKY is that when you phone to speak to a Technical engineer they DO NOT say this is a known problem. The one I spoke to was non plussed to this issue and the mnau complaints on this thread.

Bit like the Post office Horizon issue when they told postmasters that it wa sonly them experiencing issues..

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Any release notes for Q270 anywhere?

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K

@Holmesy70 wrote:

What really anooys me about SKY is that when you phone to speak to a Technical engineer they DO NOT say this is a known problem. The one I spoke to was non plussed to this issue and the mnau complaints on this thread.

Bit like the Post office Horizon issue when they told postmasters that it wa sonly them experiencing issues..

It's a minor issue (in the grand scheme of things) that affects relatively few people. They're not going to know about every single issue going.

This message was authored by RoyG2 This message was authored by: RoyG2

Re: Netflix Stuck Spinning Circle

Tried pressing 001 after scrolling down to settings no hidden screen. Down powered Q box and when I powered up Netflix loaded after a minute.

This message was authored by Mardymoo71 This message was authored by: Mardymoo71

Had major issues with Netflix loading on my sky box, maybe as I don't pay for it through sky? Either way it's expensive and I expect to get what I pay for! 

@Mardymoo71 wrote:

Had major issues with Netflix loading on my sky box, maybe as I don't pay for it through sky? Either way it's expensive and I expect to get what I pay for! 

Direct or through Sky makes no difference excepting in your case the fact that you'd need to complain to Netflix direct?

This message was authored by Jsf92 This message was authored by: Jsf92

The 270 update didn't fix it anyway so no point rushing to get it 

This message was authored by Swiss This message was authored by: Swiss

Can't connect to Netflix via Sky - just spinning blue circles?

I have netflix included in my Sky package but often it won't connect and displays spinning blue circles??

This message was authored by piepowder This message was authored by: piepowder

Previously I had observed that reloading software in system info from settings had worked.

It did - for 24 hours

Then fell over again when I tested this morning.

But hey thats technology for you. My garage who service my car have lost their landline for >5 weeks as the "upgrade" from copper wire to VOIP has collapsed. A lot of lost business and > 5 weeks to fix. (Removed)

Nothing like treating your volunteer captive prisoners to some disdain. Interestingly my friend on BT service ISP has no problem with obtaining Netflix service

Moderator note: Removed inappropriate language

This message was authored by piepowder This message was authored by: piepowder

P.S. yesterday this thread was at page 101 - now at 97.

Been a cull?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion