Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@piepowder wrote:

Yikes getting bizarre now

Previously I had tried settings > info - "updated" the software- which worked for 24 hours on the main box.

At days 2 & 3 since I find the main box will not function however, the mini box does.

I'm really struggling to understand how this can be - main box says 'no', mini box says 'yes'. Given that many cannot access the service that they have paid for which remains broken after much time - would a mass termination create a suffucuent stir in SKY? A kind of Kinder Scout mass trespass message? Lets face it if you can't access Netflix and seemingly for a number of people that is a static unresolved event, then one is already losing netflix, so terminating makes no significant difference other than losing 'my list'.

Just to compound the confusion - went direct to Netflix site on my PC and did a SKY log in - worked. Hence seems to be a main box problem. I'll try switching it off ,aybe

That last point there is not compounding the problem, it's entirely expected since the problem is with the app inplementarion on the Sky box, not the subscription. And demonstrates why terminating your Nerflix subscription as per the sentence immediately prior in your post would in fact make a significant difference as you wouldn't be able to access it at all.

As for your other post, you don't need to search far across the internet to find this problem is almost a year old, the first post in this thread is dated 9 months ago.

This message was authored by Dunnie21 This message was authored by: Dunnie21

Re: Netflix

Before trying anything with SkyQ I reset my household account on Netflix, this seems to have solved the problem! Thanks for your suggestion, I will bear it in mind should the problem pop its head up again! 

This message was authored by bazza3566 This message was authored by: bazza3566

Netflix not loading on sky q, just getting word netflix and red circle

Netflix not loading on sky q, all im getting is word netflix and red circle, been like this for a couple of weeks spoken to sky customer service they have asked me to do a few things starts working then not working again next day. Seems a common thing how can i sort this permenently before i cancel as im paying for something im not recieving

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix not loading on sky q, just getting word netflix and red circle

@bazza3566 

I've also merged your post into a thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Plaitey This message was authored by: Plaitey

I have the red circle issue for the Netflix app on my Sky Q box. All my other apps work fine just this one. Turned router and box off amd on but still the same.  What is going on with this app Sky? So frustrstimg when you want to watch something but can't.

This message was authored by Dunnie21 This message was authored by: Dunnie21

Try what I did, I went into the Netflix app settings and reset my household account, seemed to work for me. For now anyway!!

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Netflix not loading on sky q, just getting word netflix and red circle

@bazza3566 wrote:

Netflix not loading on sky q, all im getting is word netflix and red circle, been like this for a couple of weeks spoken to sky customer service they have asked me to do a few things starts working then not working again next day. Seems a common thing how can i sort this permenently before i cancel as im paying for something im not recieving

The Netflix subscription is a rolling monthly deal so you can certainly cancel, giving one months notice. If you're in minimum term for the main TV package then you can't cancel that I'm afraid. Do you have a Smart TV or streaming stick with the Netflix app on it? Use that, at least meanwhile.

This message was authored by SteveR71 This message was authored by: SteveR71

Netflix on SkyQ

Netflix won't open on SkyQ, but will on mobile phone and Tablet. Any suggestions please.
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix on SkyQ

@SteveR71 

Are you seeing a red spinning circle? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Dunnie21 wrote:

Try what I did, I went into the Netflix app settings and reset my household account, seemed to work for me. For now anyway!!

Could you explain the exact steps you took to do that?

This message was authored by Billy2421 This message was authored by: Billy2421

Netflix red sercle

Every 2 or 3 days I have to unplug my sky q box to get Netflix to load this is not acceptable. 

rking on Sky Q box. One day it loads, the next day it doesn't. Now it seems to be to regular I've tried Sky box on/off, updating Sky box, 0,0,1 on settings and apps refresh, everything that has been prescribed as a fix. Now assuming that there is either an inherent issue with Netflix app on Sky Q experienced by many, or my Sky Q box is malfunctioning.

Sky many customers have this problem and it is your responsibility to FIX IT.

• IFi have to turn my sky Q box off and on to get it to work it does not take the brains of an archbishop to work out that it's somthing in the SKY Q BOX NEEDS UPDATING .
  • SKY SORT IT OUT BEFORE I CANCEL MY 25 YEAR WITH SKY .

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Netflix red sercle

@Billy2421   I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same issue, a new thread isn't required.

This is a customer helps customer community, your not addressing Sky customer services.  Threats to cancel will have zero effect.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

What is the point of posting on this site.

As it seems to me it does nothing.

So I could just put it on a bit of paper and but it in the bin next to me.

As this problem has been reported several times and NON of the suggestions in fixing the problem works.

So in reality this is just a sound box with 99% of the answers to problems is to turn it off and then turn it on again or am I being cynical? 

This message was authored by Kay142987 This message was authored by: Kay142987

I'm having the same problem right now with Netflix, how to people update the apps?  Thanks 

I am sorry to be blunt but there does not seem to be  a fix to this problem you can go back like I did and try all that has been suggested but they are like you and not from sky of netflix and they do not work to fix the problem. 

I have resigned my self to turning the Sky Q box off and on and a very lengthy email to Sky to explain this or I am OFF in or out of contract as they have failed to keep there part of the contract. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion