Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AH1990 

Sky don't announce when the rollout of the update will start. Personally I doubt there will be a refund. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by jenko109 This message was authored by: jenko109

Raised a complaint and got told there is no issue with netflix, despite their own staff on here already acknowledging there is. 

This message was authored by Cheliir This message was authored by: Cheliir

None of this works, please help! I pay for Netflix through Sky and we have the red circle of doom! It's been over a week now and it's driving us a bit potty. We can access on other means ie phone and firestick but it's not working through sky. I have done reboot of rooter and turned off and on sky box and did the settings 001 and refresh apps but nothing seems to work. Are we destined for a calm to @Sky???

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Cheliir wrote:

None of this works, please help! I pay for Netflix through Sky and we have the red circle of doom! It's been over a week now and it's driving us a bit potty. We can access on other means ie phone and firestick but it's not working through sky. I have done reboot of rooter and turned off and on sky box and did the settings 001 and refresh apps but nothing seems to work. Are we destined for a calm to @Sky???

And did you do the one thing that has been mentioned on here to work for a lot of people, logging in on another device and booting off the sky box via "manage access and devices"?

Yes it works on all my other devices just not on the Sky box. Including through "manage access and devices" 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Cheliir wrote:

Yes it works on all my other devices just not on the Sky box. Including through "manage access and devices" 

By "including through", do you mean "including having signed out the Sky boxes via..." ?

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@AH1990 wrote:

You need to refund eveyone then. When is the next update?

Why if it ain't working on Sky Q box watch on another device unless your only device is the Sky Q box

Netflix is not device specific meaning if you pay Netflix via Sky you can install on other devices Mobile Phone Tablet PS5 XBOX Smart TV Streaming Sticks Laptop PC 

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@Cheliir wrote:

So you can watch through a Firestick but you still want compensation?

You are aware that Netflix is a monthly rolling add-on so you can cancel the cheaper deal through Sky and pay more for a standalone Netflix and continue watching through the Firestick?

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
VM 256Mbps via rubbish VM HUB 3 router
Samsung S95C 55"
This message was authored by WendyHinton This message was authored by: WendyHinton

Wouldn't just be simpler for Sky to fix it given they are charging for it?

This message was authored by Colin0000 This message was authored by: Colin0000

@WendyHinton wrote:

Wouldn't just be simpler for Sky to fix it given they are charging for it?

Makes you wonder why Sky haven't thought of that themselves.

Sky Q 2GB 32B106 - HDMI to TV, hard wired to router with WiFi disabled on the Q box
VM 256Mbps via rubbish VM HUB 3 router
Samsung S95C 55"

No request for compensation at all just a request for a help to remedy 

Sorry I meant including the route someone else suggested through the manage Access and devices section of the settings. I've did all the suggestions on here. Logging in/out, unplugging the box and full reboot, reboot router, etc etc

This message was authored by DianeA71 This message was authored by: DianeA71

My Netflix red circle spinning can’t watch anything

Netflix not working red circle just showing.  I have turned everything off at the mains and also turned off the router and still not working. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: My Netflix red circle spinning can’t watch anything

@DianeA71 

I've merged your post into a lengthy thread discussing this issue that some customers are experiencing. See the post currently marked as the answer (post 2). We don't know when this update will start to be rolled out and Sky don't announce it.

-

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Adrianwharmby This message was authored by: Adrianwharmby

Netflix will not load, just get the spinning symbol, this has been months now

Issues with trying to load netflix. I can see the app icon, shows on screen, but justkeeps going round and round not finding anything.  Ideas.? And not turn of box and reset, that doesn't work. Have latest updates, according to sky help Web site.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion