Discussion topic: My sky Engineer turned up yesterday but could not fix the problem as I needed a satellite plug. I sp

This message was authored by Quinntoons This message was authored by: Quinntoons

My sky Engineer turned up yesterday but could not fix the problem as I needed a satellite plug. I sp

My sky engineer turned up yesterday and could not fix the problem as I needed a satellite plug and he didn't have one
I spoke to Sky technical person who said he would arrange another visit with the plug to sort the problem out

He said he would ring me yesterday and that was at 10:44 and I have had no phone call ringing me back I have, however, had a text saying that my Sky visit is cancelled. I don't understand what's happening.

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: My sky Engineer turned up yesterday but could not fix the problem as I needed a satellite plug.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Quinntoons wrote:

My sky engineer turned up yesterday and could not fix the problem as I needed a satellite plug and he didn't have one
I spoke to Sky technical person who said he would arrange another visit with the plug to sort the problem out

He said he would ring me yesterday and that was at 10:44 and I have had no phone call ringing me back I have, however, had a text saying that my Sky visit is cancelled. I don't understand what's happening.

Hi @Quinntoons 

Do you have your own Satellite dish or are you on a Communal system?

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

Re: My sky Engineer turned up yesterday but could not fix the problem as I needed a satellite plug.

@Quinntoons 

You'll need to ring Sky. A "satellite plug" is not standard terminology. Sounds like the engineer didn't know what they were doing. 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@Quinntoons wrote:

Hi @Quinntoons 

Do you have your own Satellite dish or are you on a Communal system?

Quinntoons
Topic Author
This message was authored by Quinntoons This message was authored by: Quinntoons

Sadly communal 

Quinntoons
Topic Author

Communal one

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Quinntoons wrote:

Communal one

Hi @Quinntoons 

Communal installations usually mean that an Adapter is required in the distribution system.

There are Sky Multiple Development Unit (MDU) Engineers that are trained to work on these systems.  That's possibly why the installer you had couldn't deal with your issues.

You need to contact Sky directly to sort your problem

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion