Discussion topic: What cable do I need to buy to run from the box if I want to move my tv to a different location in ?

This message was authored by Jagilfy This message was authored by: Jagilfy

What cable do I need to buy to run from the box if I want to move my tv to a different location in ?

I want to move my tv etc away from the box in the wa. What type of cable do I need to use? 

All Replies

This message was authored by kop32 This message was authored by: kop32

Re: What cable do I need to buy to run from the box if I want to move my tv to a different location

Something on the lines of this , depends on how far you want to move it just remember the main Sky Q box has two inputs, this will allow you to move the box and TV to another location, if you want to just move the TV away from the Sky Q box then you'd need an extended HDMI cable but remember the further away you move it the poorer the  picture/sound quality will be .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sky-Satellites-Satellite-Extension-Connectors-Black/dp/B01CSFWGVA/ref=sr_1_...

Sky Stream x 3, VM 1 gb Broadband and TP-Link Deco X50 AX3000 Whole Home AI-Driven Mesh Wi-Fi 6 System
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: What cable do I need to buy to run from the box if I want to move my tv to a different location

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kop32 wrote:

, if you want to just move the TV away from the Sky Q box then you'd need an extended HDMI cable but remember the further away you move it the poorer the  picture/sound quality will be .

it's a digital connection - quality isn't a factor as such.   Either is works or not.  3-5m is the limit for a passive cable.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
Jagilfy
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jagilfy This message was authored by: Jagilfy

Thanks for the responses. Basically I want to turn our room around but the box on the wall will need cables from it which will need to be run around the whole room to get my tv and and box to where I need it to be. The Wi-Fi router isn't an issue (I don't think).. I want the box to stay close to the tv I just need to get them at a different end of the room. I e asked sky previooabout having an additional wall box thing but the said they could only relocate- which means when I change my mind about the room layout again I'm back in the same position.  looking for cables to run from the wall box - any ideas

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jagilfy wrote:

Thanks for the responses. Basically I want to turn our room around but the box on the wall will need cables from it which will need to be run around the whole room to get my tv and and box to where I need it to be. The Wi-Fi router isn't an issue (I don't think).. I want the box to stay close to the tv I just need to get them at a different end of the room. I e asked sky previooabout having an additional wall box thing but the said they could only relocate- which means when I change my mind about the room layout again I'm back in the same position.  looking for cables to run from the wall box - any ideas

That's literally what kop32 linked to above

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion