Discussion topic: Mini box constantly disconnecting

This message was authored by 19sean87 This message was authored by: 19sean87

Re: Mini box constantly disconnecting

Glad it's not just me having this issue. 

So frustrating. 

Is there any one from sky lurking in these forums that would care to comment?  

This message was authored by ChristopherD72 This message was authored by: ChristopherD72

So... I have an update.

I noticed that my main Sky Q box had stuttering playback when recording live TV. So I ordered a replacement main Sky Q box on the basis that there was a problem with the hard drive.

I have had the replacement for a week now and the connection between the replacement main box and Sky Q mini-box has not dropped once.

Fingers crossed but this seems to be a problem with the hardware in the main Sky Q box which seems to have been solved with a replacement. SKY MUST KNOW ABOUT THIS!!!

This message was authored by McCrae1818 This message was authored by: McCrae1818

Having this issue where the sky mini works for a while then disconnects from main sky q box. I,ve tried resetting etc but nothing seems to work. Is anyone from sky able to offer a permanent solution.

This message was authored by DublinSportsFan This message was authored by: DublinSportsFan

When multroom box gets plugged out it loses connection and bluescreens when powered back on. I have to reconnect it from the network settings of the main Sky Q box and reboot the multroom box to get it back. Is this normal?.

This message was authored by McCrae1818 This message was authored by: McCrae1818

Yes it's normal. Had that many issues with my mini box I've now got rid of it as SKY were no help in resolving. 

This message was authored by Imiceman This message was authored by: Imiceman

I'm also having the same problem. Was having it when on sky broadband, switched to a different provider at the end of December, and all was well for a while, but the last couple of weeks is been utterly dreadful. We have the main box in the lounge, mini in the dining room and mini in the extension bedroom. The one in the bedroom is now continually losing its connection back to the main box. 

It's utterly unusable.

This message was authored by DublinSportsFan This message was authored by: DublinSportsFan

You might need network plugs to improve signal in the bedroom.

Rebooting the router weekly may help too. 

This message was authored by andyb29 This message was authored by: andyb29

Hi, how did you order a new box. I am having this problem and it is driving m mad,

This message was authored by ChristopherD72 This message was authored by: ChristopherD72

Just say that your main box isn't working. I had a year of problems with my mini-box and it turned out that it was the main box. As soon as I got a new main box all the problemas were solved.

This message was authored by andyb29 This message was authored by: andyb29

Thank you, just spoke to them and they are sending out a replacement box. Hope it works as it's a complete pain.

Thanks for your help 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion