Discussion topic: Lied to by Engineer

This message was authored by Paul225 This message was authored by: Paul225

Lied to by Engineer

Hello. i had an engineer come out in the summer as my Sky Q box wasnt working. After fixing the issue the engineer said do you want Sky Movies for free for 2 months for the inconvenience. I wasnt really bothered but said OK but as long as I dont have to cancel it to not be charged. No you dont was the response, its just a nice thing we are able to do for people.

Then i just checked my Sky bills and i have been charged for it for months. I call Sky, speak to a guy who simply says i am not refunding it. i say can i speak to your manager. Put on hold, manager will do the same, wont speak to you. its an absolute joke. over 15 years custom for this nonsense. I cant work out how i speak to someone who will actually have a connverstaion with me. Its obvious the guy puts me hold, gets told no by his boss and then thats it. 

does anyone know how i can deal with this but not through a call centre of people with scripts and bosses who couldnt care less. absolute joke

(Removed) Values department is the managers name, so they tell me.

Moderator note: Removed personal details

All Replies

This message was authored by Jones_The_Cat This message was authored by: Jones_The_Cat

Re: Lied to by Engineer

@Paul225 

Lodge an official complaint via one of these methods:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint 

Sky will then contact you and work with you until a resolution is met. 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Lied to by Engineer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The 'free' offers always revert to chargeable once the offered period expires.

You have to call to give 31 days notice to cancel it.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion