Discussion topic: Audio drop-outs on Discovery Channel

This message was authored by Antigua79 This message was authored by: Antigua79

Re: Audio drop-outs on Discovery Channel

The sky employee who marked it answered but didn't answer anything. Only asked for more info. This is lazy target hitting if you ask me. Boss sees an answer mark and he's all good. Disgraceful. 
I've definitely fixed this on my system. By setting the digital output that I'm NOT using to Normal and the one I AM using to Dolby Digital. This is with the 500Gb Sky Q box with a Yamaha RX-A3030. Before I did this it was constant dropouts on every channel. 

This message was authored by Riga This message was authored by: Riga

@Antigua79 Thanks, I'll try as both set to Dolby Digital and report back. 🤞

This message was authored by Area255 This message was authored by: Area255

Thanks for this. I have gone back to optical set to Dolby, and set the HDMI output to Normal. I'll see how i go.

AndrueCope
Topic Author
This message was authored by AndrueCope This message was authored by: AndrueCope

Yup, definitely getting worse. The drop -outs are becoming noticeable even with the output to 'normal'. Still not as bad but until recently I could barely hear them.

I just tried setting Optical back to 'Dolby' while leaving HDMI (which I'm not using) at 'Normal' and thought it was completely fixed. But I was wrong it's still terrible. So I'm setting both to 'Normal'.

One benefit of running this way is that you don't have to adjust the volume when switching between SD and HD channels.

This message was authored by Johnboy3 This message was authored by: Johnboy3

• I have sound drop outs on discovery channel they are happening very frequently approximately every 2or 3 minutes 

@AndrueCope wrote:

I've been experiencing audio drop-outs when playing back recordings from Discovery HD. The drop outs last a fraction of a second and the frequency is random. They appear to be somewhat programme specific (Gold Rush:White Water is a particular problem). It's definitely only affecting recordings made on Discovery HD. No other channels. I never watch anything live.

I've contacted Discovery Channel direct three times now but never received a response. Could someone here attempt to escalate this?

Thanks.

dicove

@AndrueCope wrote:

I've been experiencing audio drop-outs when playing back recordings from Discovery HD. The drop outs last a fraction of a second and the frequency is random. They appear to be somewhat programme specific (Gold Rush:White Water is a particular problem). It's definitely only affecting recordings made on Discovery HD. No other channels. I never watch anything live.

I've contacted Discovery Channel direct three times now but never received a response. Could someone here attempt to escalate this?

Thanks.

Ry

This message was authored by Area255 This message was authored by: Area255

So far, the last configuration with normal set on the output NOT in use, this seems to be working. 

Also, I had both optical and HDMI connections to my sound bar. I have now unplugged the HDMI to see if that helps. If I get further problems, I'll reverse the connections and settings. 

This message was authored by Stuarth-c This message was authored by: Stuarth-c

I have been experiencing the same for months and it's still happening when replaying recordings on skyq. The sound is played through Bose on the Dolby digital setting

thanks

This message was authored by Stuarth-c This message was authored by: Stuarth-c

I have been experiencing the same for months and it's still happening when replaying recordings on skyq. The sound is played through Bose on the Dolby digital setting

ps includes adverts as well as programmes

thanks

This message was authored by Richiesh74 This message was authored by: Richiesh74

I'm having exactly the same problems, only on Discovery HD when watching a recorded programme.

2TB Sky Q box

Onkyo atmos audio receiver via HDMI

samsung TV

This message was authored by Johnboy3 This message was authored by: Johnboy3

I turned off dolby on sky q box and set it to normal and it seems to have worked

This message was authored by potsso This message was authored by: potsso

Sky q hooked up to onkyo via hdmi. Hdmi from onkyo to Samsung TV. 

Same exact issue. It's driving me absolutely nuts. It's the only channel I actually record things from, to watch. 

What is the actual point having sky. 

Oh and I don't see why anyone should downgrade to normal sound in this day and age to avoid sound drop outs. That's an absolute joke that I've give to expect from sky. 

I'm hooked into a contract for a while yet but I'll be cancelling when I no doubt get my mid contract increase letter. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion