Discussion topic: Sky Mobile outage on 23rd April, still intermittent

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Mobile outage on 23rd April, still intermittent

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SLB61 wrote:

Please can someone contact me about this asap. 

Nobody will contact you due to you post on here, the latest updates to these issues are in the post above yours so have you seen it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by DLaw115 This message was authored by: DLaw115

Following for update. 

This message was authored by N+Dean This message was authored by: N+Dean

Is there any further update on this issue with the mobile phone service outage please? We've been unable to make/receive calls on two of our mobiles (one is my daughter who is a teacher, and the other my wife who's dealing with a bereavement in the family.

Mine is intermittently able to make calls but the other two, since yesterday, haven't been able to make receive calls, and on the occasions they get a ring tone, the call cuts out.

It's been really frustrating. 

is there a possible timescale for rectifying the issue?

This message was authored by HR+Smith This message was authored by: HR+Smith

I am still unable to make mobile calls following yesterdays . Call failed is the message I'm getting . I have powered on and off a few times but still getting the same issue. What do I need to do to resolve this please 

This message was authored by Si6776 This message was authored by: Si6776

I thought WiFi calling was supposed to enable calls while there is a poor signal? Not much point in having it if it doesn't work when there are network issues. Nothing wrong with my WiFi.
This message was authored by Heather6686 This message was authored by: Heather6686

my wifi calling is also not working, been down since yesterday.

Ive tried all fixes I can think of and ive also phoned sky tech support..... surprisingly they did not mention this outage at all, but in stead told me to factory reset my phone !.... still not working

We've been told this is a Sky network issue.  No one should be being told to factory reset their phones!

This message was authored by Heather6686 This message was authored by: Heather6686

the tech guy went through all the steps on the phone with me, told me to reset network settings, put in flight mode etc etc and when non of that resolved he told me to factory reset.... to stay i was displeased would be an understatement. 

But even with doing that it did not work. 

As i said, at no point on this call did the tech guy mention anything to me about there being a network issue which is even more frustrating. 

just thought id post an update here guys, just off the phone with Sky mobile again and they have confirmed the outage issues are still ongoing for the majority of sky mobile customers, they do not have an exact time of fix and are anticipating that it may be a further 24-48hours before this is resolved.

This message was authored by HR+Smith This message was authored by: HR+Smith

I've also just come off the phone to them 

instructed to do a reset network settings which does seem to have worked as I can now make calls . They did say known issue but that should work 

This message was authored by Andybarton This message was authored by: Andybarton

Cant make calls with 4G or wifi calling

Seem to be having issues cant make or recieve calls on 4G or wifi is there any known issues wife and kids phones the same all on skymobile 

This message was authored by KateandMat This message was authored by: KateandMat

We don't get signal at home so have always relied on wi-fi calling - not working today though. When we go out connects straight away to sky network. Tech guy I spoke to earlier today transferred me to broadband team even though wifi is working on all other devices. They sent me back to mobile team who still can't answer me why wifi calling isn't working

This message was authored by Redqueen-PSO This message was authored by: Redqueen-PSO

Not had any problems with general calls and texts here luckily, but Wifi and VoLTE calls still not working on our mobiles since yesterday evening. Had a spell of it being back for a few hours earlier in the afternoon but then gone again.

Not great for those of us in areas of low signal who count on the wifi calls. This is why I won't get rid of the good old landline as yet!

Maybe @Clareridds (or another Sky employee) could explain why customers are being instructed to reset their phones when it's already been stated that this is a network issue?  Are the call handlers not being updated with the correct information?  The most anyone should need to do is periodically toggle Airplane Mode on and off to reconnect to the network.  A phone reboot at worst.  Telling people to factory reset their phones is simply irresponsible.

This message was authored by ScottCombat This message was authored by: ScottCombat

I have been having problems receiving and making calls for the last couple of months, I have installed new replacement sim card, reinstalled settings sent from sky mobile etc etc etc..... And...... STILL having problems with both making calls and receiving calls all day long AGAIN.... (This really is disgusting, especially as I have numerous life threatening health problems etc aswell too, I NEED to be able to use my phone 24/7) Could someone please help to fix this problem ASAP Please

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion