Discussion topic: Sky Mobile outage on 23rd April, still intermittent

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Theresams This message was authored by: Theresams

Re: Sky Mobile outage on 23rd April, still intermittent

Unfortunately, it isn't just wifi calling that is affected, but normal calling as well. The number of times my partner couldbt get hold of me since Friday last week is diabolical. Not good enough Sky, not good enough at all. I will be seeking compensation or I will move my custom elsewhere .

@Clareridds 

Clareridds
Topic Author
This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all, 

We have been made aware that calling via Wifi has now been restored. If you're still having issues please turn your phone on and off and it should work going forward.

Apologies again for the service delay and we know how frustrating it has been.

Have a great day, 

Clare 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Clareridds
Topic Author
This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Theresams, sorry you're still experiencing issues.

I will escalate your post to our Community Messaging team who can help further. Please keep this page open and look out for a chat bubble at the bottom of the page.

This will launch a chat with a tech team to help diagnose the issue you are having. The chat isn't live and you have 48 hours to respond before it closes. Hopefully they can support you further.

Many thanks,

Clare 

Clareridds

Community Manager

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! We have sent an invite to Theresams.

This message was authored by MattSkyMobile This message was authored by: MattSkyMobile

This is getting beyond a joke now and starting to effect work.

My phone has been down since Sunday 23rd 6pm.  I cannot login to companies house, emails or Microsoft Teams as I cannot get past the two-factor authentication which is linked to my number. I can't even get a PAC number to move away from Sky. I am literally stuck. What is going on?

This message was authored by rhoda7200 This message was authored by: rhoda7200

My issue seems to be resolved, hope it clears for thisestil experiencing issues

This message was authored by JohnCook1234 This message was authored by: JohnCook1234

Mine is now working all ok, to be honest only had an issue with wifi calling not working but it has been stable all day

This message was authored by MattSkyMobile This message was authored by: MattSkyMobile

My mobile network is still down? No communication from Sky at all.

For some reason my complaint has been marked as "resolved". It is not.

I'll now be heading to Ofcom. 

Clareridds
Topic Author

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @MattSkyMobile,

The WiFi isse has been resolved and network system is back up and running. I can escalate your post here to our Community Messaging team who can help further.

They will send a chat bubble that you'll see on this page shortly, so keep this page open. It's not a live chat, so answers aren't immediate but they can help diagnose the issue that sounds different to the original fault.

Thanks,

Clare 

Clareridds

Community Manager

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent MattSkyMobile an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by VG+Swindon This message was authored by: VG+Swindon

My daughter is still having problems yesterday and today with call failed to Vodafonenumbers. She can call and text me but I'm on O2. Is anyone else still having issues?

This message was authored by Garry59 This message was authored by: Garry59

My partner hasnt been able to call or text since last Thursday. Keep getting told its a problem in our area yet my phone is working just fine. service is coming up as being restricted due to non payment of a bill but our bills are up to date and they cant answer what the issue is 

This message was authored by Heather6686 This message was authored by: Heather6686

@Garry59 

Has your partner tried to put her sim in your phone to see if she is getting the same issues? Might be something as simple as the phone needs to refresh the SIM. Or reset network settings? 

Other possible thing to try is to send the settings again : do this via the my sky app/website: 

select your partners SIM and go to the settings option and scroll down to see the option to Resend Network settings. 

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

I am locking this thread as the outage OP is discussing has been resolved. Any new issues can be started in a new thread. 

Thank you.

Thread locked.

Kirsty

Community Manager

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion