Discussion topic: RCS messaging

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

RCS messaging

Hi, does anyone know how long it should take RCS to sync up? It did sync initially but they my number port completed and now it won't sync 😔

Best Answers
Nigelb1972
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972 Answer

Re: RCS messaging

@Keeny78 I've cracked it... I've set up an eSim through my Sky account, which was straight forward made complicated by me deleting the email with my QR code on.. but I figured out (Google) how to set it up manually. I now have RCS 👌🏻

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Keeny78 This message was authored by: Keeny78

I'm having the same problem...did you find a solution?

Nigelb1972
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Nope. I've searched the Google help files and it says it can take a while to validate... I'm going carry on hunting though 

Nigelb1972
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972 Answer

@Keeny78 I've cracked it... I've set up an eSim through my Sky account, which was straight forward made complicated by me deleting the email with my QR code on.. but I figured out (Google) how to set it up manually. I now have RCS 👌🏻

Nigelb1972
Topic Author

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/1b1x2s6/qr_code_not_scanning_for_esim_found_a_fix/?rdt...

This will take to the page that helps if you haven't got the QR code 👍🏻

Nigelb1972
Topic Author

@Keeny78 The issue is that the Google servers struggle to authenticate when you've ported a number and using a SIM card that had a different number assigned to it. 

To resolve it, you can either ask Sky to send a new SIM that will have your ported number directly assigned to it or download an eSim from MySky.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion