Discussion topic: PAC code

This message was authored by JA1234 This message was authored by: JA1234

PAC code

I've bought a new sim from sky after previously being with them. A Sky PAC code cannot be used on a new Sky sim, therefore I was told to set up a temporary sim card, transfer my number to that, and then from that back to Sky. I have transferred it to the new temporary sim and it is all sorted and fully transferred. However, when I request my PAC code, it is the same one from my original Sky sim and still cannot be used to activate my new one. I have left it a couple weeks to see if this would change with time but it hasn't. I'm not quite sure what to do as I'm paying for a temporary sim that I've used much longer than I wanted to, whilst also paying for a Sky sim (in a bundle with a new phone) that is yet to be activated. I don't want to lose my number however, as it would be a lot of work to change my details on many accounts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: PAC code

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @JA1234  have you activated the new sim ? What's happening when you try and use the PAC ? 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
JA1234
Topic Author

@63johnw 

I've not activated it yet as whenever I go to and say I want to keep my number, it requests a PAC code. When I use the code, it says "Sorry, you cannot use a PAC code for an existing Sky Mobile number." Eventhough the old sim has since been erased and the number transferred to a company that isn't Sky. 

I would activate the new sim @JA1234  then once activated try the PAC code. Porting can't happen at weekends so wait until Monday before trying to use the PAC code 

JA1234
Topic Author

@63johnw 

How would I go about keeping my number? As if I don't have a PAC, it'll request a STAC. Would this not stop my current number from being able to be transferred? 

Not sure what you mean @JA1234  ? Your new sky sim should be able to activate ? What happens when you say you want to activate it ?

JA1234
Topic Author

@63johnw 

When I go to activate it, it appears with 2 options - "I'd like a new number" and "I want to keep my number". The keep number option is what I've been trying but the PAC code isn't accepted as it still says it is a current Sky number, eventhough I have transferred it to a temporary one. The other option requests a STAC which I believe would cancel my phone number which I want to keep. 

It should be the first option @JA1234  requesting a new number. You shouldn't need to use a STAC. If it's asking for that then post back on here and we can see if we can get you some help (will be tomorrow now). 

JA1234
Topic Author

@63johnw 

I have looked further into it and I think it may be a problem on the current provider of the temporary sim. If this is the case I deeply apologise for the time wasted. However I very much appreciate the help. I shall try sort it on Monday and will provide a response then 🙂 

No problem, no apologies needed @JA1234  definitely come back if you need more help. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion