Discussion topic: Why can’t I see my sky q recordings on my sky go

This message was authored by JK+Arrows This message was authored by: JK+Arrows

Re: Why can’t I see my sky q recordings on my sky go

No still got the same issue.

All my items are on the same Network as the Sk Go Box but it still just comes up that there is no sky Go box to connect to even though there is.

The multiroom box connects but has at times some pixels which is really strange as we are on full fibre BT with the highest speed so its not our internet acess as when I do a speed test its in the high 600's on wifi or over 1000 on direct connection and the Sky Go box is directly connected.

Something is not right.

Have you thought of calling out a Sky engineer and getting them to look?

This message was authored by chloe2309 This message was authored by: chloe2309

I don't seem to have issues with my sky boxes, only the app and viewing recordings. I have experienced this for a while now. I am going to email for support

Screenshot_20221017-160724_Sky_Go[1].jpg

Same network connection as Sky Go box.

There must be a way to resolve this, does not work on Ipad, Android phone or PC

This message was authored by steveh123 This message was authored by: steveh123

I was watching my recordings last night then tonight I've gone to do it and the tab has completely disappeared! 

What has happened there!?

Definitely something sky has done, it'll be a pay extra for option you wait and see 😡🤬😡

This message was authored by Trevor+Wealthall This message was authored by: Trevor+Wealthall

I am having the same problem it does not even say recordings now only guide browse home and downloads I have deleted the sky go app and put back on countless times rebooted iPhone but still same I was also wondering if sky has done something in a app update 

Tweathall
This message was authored by chloe2309 This message was authored by: chloe2309

You need to be connected to the same wifi as your sky box in order to access Recordings.
When you delete and re download the app you need to be connected to the wifi your sky box is connected to, you need to accept all the options that it says when you have re-downloaded. 
You cannot access your recordings unless you are connected to the wifi your box is connected to, which does defeat the point of Sky'Go' as you cannot actually use the recordings part outside of the place your wifi is

This message was authored by R.W+Laidlaw This message was authored by: R.W+Laidlaw

Sky sadly seems to have a history of introducing a good app, then each subsequent iterration, degrades it. Sky + App was the same. I don't have the multi-room subscription as no need for it, so I suppose I would not have been able to access my recordings on the Sky Q box, like I used to be able to on the very rare occasions the Sky + App would agree to connect to my Sky+HD box. I also hate the weirdly laid out home screen on the Sky Q and catch up rarely seems to work with downloading stalled, so I just go to my Mac Mini connected to the same TV and access catch up via that and yes I have cleared any previous stalled downloads. 

RWilsonL
This message was authored by NeiltheWheel This message was authored by: NeiltheWheel

Same with me. I've just got my Sky Q box and cannot get the Recordings tab on the Sky Go app on iPhone. I can download programs to to the Sky Q box. I am on the same network and the "Connect To Sky Q Box" option is On. 

I downloaded the app to my iPad and the app found the box straight away and the "Recordings" tab is there.   

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NeiltheWheel wrote:

Same with me. I've just got my Sky Q box and cannot get the Recordings tab on the Sky Go app on iPhone. I can download programs to to the Sky Q box. I am on the same network and the "Connect To Sky Q Box" option is On. 

I downloaded the app to my iPad and the app found the box straight away and the "Recordings" tab is there.   

@NeiltheWheel do you have the multiroon subscription ?

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by NeiltheWheel This message was authored by: NeiltheWheel

Yes, the Sky Go iPad app works perfectly but the iPhone app does not find the Sky Q box and the "Recording" button dies not appear. 

I have deleted and re-downloaded it but it still doesn't work. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NeiltheWheel wrote:

Yes, the Sky Go iPad app works perfectly but the iPhone app does not find the Sky Q box and the "Recording" button dies not appear. 

I have deleted and re-downloaded it but it still doesn't work. 

@NeiltheWheel I have escalated this to sky

You may receive an email or a private message inviting you to have a private conversation on the Community with a Sky Expert.

Look out for a chat bubble at the bottom of your screen inviting you to a chat
If you are using the Safari browser please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

The link below explains how the escalation process works

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by BWClario This message was authored by: BWClario

I get this periodically, I delete the sky go app, reboot my router, reload the sky app and then I press the button on my sky q box and this works for me.

This message was authored by Notmyrealname1 This message was authored by: Notmyrealname1

I've had the same issue but resolved it by powering off and on the main box and any multi room box, THEN on the main box at the front press and hold the wifi button until it flashes. After a few minutes the network connevtivity is restored to Sky Go devices and recordings have reappeared. The wifi button is on the front of the box and has 2 arrows that  point up and down in a circle motion 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion