Discussion topic: Why can’t I see my sky q recordings on my sky go

This message was authored by Rover This message was authored by: Rover

Why can’t I see my sky q recordings on my sky go

When using sky go I cannot see recordings on my iPad. Can only see Home, TV guide,  browse and downloads. Cannot see recordings

All Replies

This message was authored by Mat93 This message was authored by: Mat93

Re: Why can’t I see my sky q recordings on my sky go

@Rover wrote:

When using sky go I cannot see recordings on my iPad. Can only see Home, TV guide,  browse and downloads. Cannot see recordings

@Rover is your iPad connected to the same WiFi network as your Q box? To access recordings on your Q box your devices must be connected to the same network.

-
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @Rover 

do you have a multiscreen subscription ?

Unfortunately, I think  you need to have the multiscreen subscription (or possibly an older SKY go plus add on) to be able to access recordings via the SKY go app

Rover
Topic Author

Yes I have multi screen 

Rover
Topic Author

Yes the same network. Incidentally I can use the to guide on sky go to request a programmer to be recorded and this is registered on my sky q box, so it can connect that way. I just cannot seee the recordings tab and see my recordings on sky q

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try a reboot of your box and the device the Sky Go app is on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Hoopy+Pete This message was authored by: Hoopy+Pete

I'm having the same problem as @Rover. This issue started a few days ago and was never a problem before. It's a bit of a coincidence, which makes me think it's something Sky has done that caused the problem.

This message was authored by dazaroo This message was authored by: dazaroo

I'm having the same issue. I can search for recordings and watch them just get a blank screen when I click on the recordings tab

This message was authored by SteveOmiffedAtSky This message was authored by: SteveOmiffedAtSky

Also think this is to do with sky, tried deleting and downloading the app (now My recordings option no longer appears.)

useless - than goodness I'm leaving 

This message was authored by EricMK This message was authored by: EricMK

Precisely the same problem. I have been watching sky q recordings via sky go on my android tablet or android phone successfully for some months. Now suddenly if I try to view recordings the app says sky q box not detected. Meanwhile however the app can stiĺl set the box to record a program. Same on both android devices. Tried all the reboot, reinstall stuff and checked sky is still set to permit connection. SO quite clearly an issue at Sky's end. Are they interested? Clearly not!

This message was authored by murphy0207 This message was authored by: murphy0207

I have the same problem, the recordings sometimes dont show in the sky go app on windows which iwatch in the kitchen, so what i have to do is go to one of the three sky Q boxes, play the recording for a few seconds , then go back to the windows pc in the kitchen, it will then show up on recent programmes.

Not  brilliant solution, but works.

This message was authored by Scott1975 This message was authored by: Scott1975

Same thing was happening to me until I realised I was watching a recording whilst trying to set this up on my tablet....stopped watching the recording reloaded the app and the recording tab appeared on tablet and works!

This message was authored by Rectus This message was authored by: Rectus

I may be wrong, but the comment suggests not seeing the option as opposed to an access / connection thing! I'm having the same issue inasmuch as the actual option isn't showing! 

This message was authored by JK+Arrows This message was authored by: JK+Arrows

Same issue for me on PC, Ipad and Android phone.

On same netwrok.

Stupid thing is the Sky go app on the Ipad says to check Settings, Sky Go, Local Network on the Ipad.

Not sure who at sky does ths programming but there is no Settings, Sky Go, Local Network, so as the app even tells you to go to a wrong place how are we to expect it to work.

Was working withotu a fault until recent updates.

Sky 1000% have caused this issue.

This message was authored by chloe2309 This message was authored by: chloe2309

Have you had any response on this? I am having the same issue, the app says to Chechen settings on iPad Sky Go Local Network, this doesn't exist. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion