Discussion topic: SkyGo Spawn error on windows 10

This message was authored by Acky47 This message was authored by: Acky47

SkyGo Spawn error on windows 10

Repeatedly tried to run Skygo app but keep getting the 'Connecting your applcation, Spawn unknown' Try Again error. Difficult to then close down. I have tried the deta trial for windows with the same result. Does anyone have an answer please?

All Replies

This message was authored by SallyBob This message was authored by: SallyBob

Re: having problems with sky go on windows 11

I'm now getting a window that says spawn EPERM. Any ideas what that means and what I can do to fix it?

DC4990ED-26C2-476B-9070-B62EAF8E5B06.jpeg

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: SkyGo Spawn error on windows 10

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147   

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-No response to the invite in 48 hours. We are closing this now. We are still looking to help you, if are still in need of help, get back to us so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

Acky47
Topic Author

I have seen no invite to any chat?

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

@Acky47 wrote:

I have seen no invite to any chat?

I've escalated your details back to the team. We were having difficulty the other day, however this should now be resolved. You should expect to hear from the team within the next 48 hours.  Just keep an eye on the bottom of this thread.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – Thanks for chatting to us. Unfortunately, there was no further response on the chat in 48 hours, we are still waiting to help you. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your chat has been closed now. Thanks

This message was authored by 7HazelH2 This message was authored by: 7HazelH2

Hi I am also experiencing the same error:

I am also on a Windows 10 device

7HazelH2_0-1664192530565.png

Acky47
Topic Author

I have been through this with Sky and still get the problem. I dont believe they have the answer as the latest thing i tried, uninstalling, deleting folders etc did not work 

This message was authored by 7HazelH2 This message was authored by: 7HazelH2

They should be able to, it's their app, I'm sure they can figure it out if they're competent enough...

Acky47
Topic Author

OK. sorry i couldn't reply in time. The issue is still unresolved having followed your instructions on deinstalling, deleting and reinstalling.

This message was authored by PhilCO1984 This message was authored by: PhilCO1984

Connecting Your application - Spawn UNKNOWN

Trying to download Sky Go on my laptop (downloaded both versions) and both try and look for updates but then stop and say Spawn UNKNOWN?

This message was authored by Starcasm This message was authored by: Starcasm

Hi, 

after latest update I think. My Sky Go app is now failng in the update. saying..

Connecting your Application. 

spawn UNKNOWN

Tried reboots and try again buttons. has had no issues up till this point. 

many thanks

This message was authored by GillOs8 This message was authored by: GillOs8

Sky Go App SPAWN EPERM

I have in the past had no problem with the Sky Go App on my laptop and been able to watch all recordings and live tv but for some reason the App no longer works. I have tried completely deleting the App and then reinstalling but this doesn't work.

It says it is updating but then it just keeps giving the same screen which says

"CONNECTING YOUR APPLICATION spawn EPERM TRY AGAIN"

I have seen this message on various peoples comments but can't see that anyone has found a solution.

Can anyone help please?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion