Discussion topic: Due to a technical issue you can’t watch this channel. Try again later error

This message was authored by Jethro+james This message was authored by: Jethro+james

Due to a technical issue you can’t watch this channel. Try again later error

Hi, I'm struggling to get into sky go. After I sign in with my sky ID it signs in but comes up with this error: due to a technical error you cannot watch this channel. Please help!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Due to a technical issue you can’t watch this channel. Try again later error

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Go into settings in the Sky Go app and if it shows as being connected to a Sky Q box turn this off then see what happens.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PippasGDad This message was authored by: PippasGDad

Re: Due to a technical issue you can’t watch this channel. Try again later error

I am experiencing this same problem. I've tried the above solution, tried re-installing, clearing the cache data. 

Still getting the same error. 

This message was authored by shell56 This message was authored by: shell56

I too had the problem today whilst trying to watch the cricket.  I tried the above but to no avail. It can't have been a tech issue as it worked on my android Samsung phone.

What did work was restarting my Samsung tablet,  logging out of my Sky Go app then signing in again.  All good now. Coincidence or what. 

Sky, you need to look into this. Very frustrating. 

This message was authored by chuckles1975 This message was authored by: chuckles1975

Thank you @shell56 - had this problem out of nowhere on my phone today.  Turning it off/on again, checking for updates etc and nothing worked.  But your suggestion of signing out and back in has worked.

This message was authored by magarac This message was authored by: magarac

Had the same issue. This worked for me.

This message was authored by DMV This message was authored by: DMV

Thank you for the solution. I couldn't watch either cricket or golf.

This message was authored by sonofpix This message was authored by: sonofpix

Thank you! Had this issue today and the sign out/sign in fix has worked!

This message was authored by Vincoo This message was authored by: Vincoo

Tried that. No go. Deleted app and reinstalled it. No go. Checked all relevant settings in tablet same as phone. Yes. still no go! 

Today get contract renewal notice. Not until its fixed I reckon. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vincoo wrote:

Today get contract renewal notice. Not until its fixed I reckon. 

Note your contract (and billing) continues unless you actually cancel: it's discounted pricing that ends.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by FishingRev This message was authored by: FishingRev

• Restarted my tablet, signed out of sky go and back in again ...problem solved.  Many thanks
This message was authored by Winston-_- This message was authored by: Winston-_-

I followed your instructions but, instead of signing out and then back in, I just signed out, uninstalled and then reinstalled the app, signed in again, and it worked perfectly 👌🏾  Thanks!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion