Discussion topic: Any Sky feedback on Glass 'concerns' ?

This message was authored by S44TUH This message was authored by: S44TUH

Any Sky feedback on Glass 'concerns' ?

I was wondering if there has been any official (or unofficial) feedback directly from Sky on the launch of Glass and some of the concerns that users/customers are raising?

Anything through the (offline) community channels that can be shared?

Love tech - connected home, Sky, interactive hot-tub...

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Any Sky feedback on Glass 'concerns' ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@S44TUH  None that I've seen and it's unlikely they will  but you never know 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@S44TUH 

Questions have been asked ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
S44TUH
Topic Author
This message was authored by S44TUH This message was authored by: S44TUH

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@S44TUH 

Questions have been asked ; )

👍

Love tech - connected home, Sky, interactive hot-tub...
This message was authored by Urban+Splash This message was authored by: Urban+Splash

Perhaps the biggest shocker is the use of apps such as itv. I certainly didn't see that happening. Don't suppose this will change though. Seems to be a fundamental part of how Glass works. Has anyone asked about the infamous 1000 hours.. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Urban+Splash wrote:

Has anyone asked about the infamous 1000 hours.. 

Oh yes ; )

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Urban+Splash This message was authored by: Urban+Splash

Thank you! 

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

@Urban+Splash wrote:

You'd have though Sky would have had a pre-prepared answer to this most obvious of questions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

It appears the reference to 1000 hours was perhaps rogue. 

This message was authored by thurlstonesky This message was authored by: thurlstonesky

I would suspect a few Sky personnel will have their weekends cancelled. If the reaction from customers stays negative, they will have trouble recovering the Glass brand.

This message was authored by HeathHayle This message was authored by: HeathHayle

@Urban+Splash no it wasnt rogue because I actually saw it on the sky glass website I stupidly didnt screenshot it because I didnt expect it to disappear 😂

==============================
= Sky+ SD boxes x4 (pace bskyb 3100) ===
==============================
This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Urban+Splash wrote:

Oh yes ; )

The fact that it's not been cleared up by actual Sky employees, via Sky website or socials, and instead customers are asking a Sky forum gopher for an update, to then relay it to other customers, is farcical in itself. 

This message was authored by Q-tips This message was authored by: Q-tips

@HeathHayle wrote:

@Urban+Splash no it wasnt rogue because I actually saw it on the sky glass website I stupidly didnt screenshot it because I didnt expect it to disappear 😂

So did I. And it's all over the internet previews/launch reports as well. And Annie's FAQ has it too. I think it was also mentioned by one of the Sky execs at the launch. But maybe it has been whitewashed because no-one at Sky knows what it means.

--------------------
32B12C 2TB UHD Q box • Mini boxes x2 (32D0B2) • 2022 LG C2 OLED TV • Software vQ230.000.14.00L • Gigaclear gigabit FTTH broadband (935Mbps up/down) • Linksys Velop tri-band router; 3 mesh nodes • All Q boxes fully Cat6 hardwired • Q wi-fi disabled • Q picture/audio processing disabled (no sound bar) • Pixellation cured by Q170 but back again with Q190 and now every few minutes with Q210 and Q220 live broadcasts and recordings on all boxes
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Q-tips wrote:

@HeathHayle wrote:

So did I. And it's all over the internet previews/launch reports as well. And Annie's FAQ has it too. I think it was also mentioned by one of the Sky execs at the launch. But maybe it has been whitewashed because no-one at Sky knows what it means.

I've had to remove some playlist related questions due to not having details from sky of exactly how playlists work 😞

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@thurlstonesky wrote:

I would suspect a few Sky personnel will have their weekends cancelled. If the reaction from customers stays negative, they will have trouble recovering the Glass brand.

No they will all be away celebrating a successful launch and counting their bonuses.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion