Discussion topic: Thick blue line appeared on sky glass tv this morning. Booted the system etc followed the troublesh

This message was authored by USER+OF+SKY+LOL This message was authored by: USER+OF+SKY+LOL

Thick blue line appeared on sky glass tv this morning. Booted the system etc followed the troublesh

A blue line has appeared across my sky glass tv overnight. I have booted the whole system as well as troubleshooting. guidelines. Still their.@skytv. Anyone else had this issue ? 

IMG_2098.jpeg

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: Thick blue line appeared on sky glass tv this morning. Booted the system etc followed the troub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @USER+OF+SKY+LOL 

Issue like that can often be resolved by unplugging the TV from the mains for a minimum of 10 minutes as they can be caused by software bugs.

If the line persists you will need to speak to Sky and arrange a replacement under warranty or at cost if out of warranty (we are fellow subscribers on the forum)

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: Thick blue line appeared on sky glass tv this morning. Booted the system etc followed the troub

Hi @USER+OF+SKY+LOL 

Issue like that can often be resolved by unplugging the TV from the mains for a minimum of 10 minutes as they can be caused by software bugs.

If the line persists you will need to speak to Sky and arrange a replacement under warranty or at cost if out of warranty (we are fellow subscribers on the forum)

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@USER+OF+SKY+LOL I had exactly the same image as your picture shows.  A standard reboot didn't get rid of it so I left the Glass TV unplugged overnight.  This resolved the problem and luckily it never returned.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
USER+OF+SKY+LOL
Topic Author
This message was authored by USER+OF+SKY+LOL This message was authored by: USER+OF+SKY+LOL

Seems to have worked. Thank you. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion