Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Billybob69 This message was authored by: Billybob69

Re: Service down still

Same problem here. 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Service down still

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Billybob69 wrote:

Same problem here. 

You have not mentioned what you have tried so far.

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Diamond+70 This message was authored by: Diamond+70

Re: I have my new sky glass tv how do I connect to the broadband

When Sky asks me to put in my password for my broadband which it identifies on screen it will not accept it but a message appears asking me to reset, What's going on?

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

I'm the same. I get the code and when I enter it on my mobile phone device it does nothing? (On the tv) 

This message was authored by Tvwatcher1 This message was authored by: Tvwatcher1

Sky steam puck keeps turning on and off by itself

I have a sky stream box and it keeps turning itself on and off. I mean I left it on all night without clicking any button and the light on the box turns on every few minutes the sky logo appears on screen and then it turns off again and the screen goes black. I have tried reconnecting the remote with 7 +9 and 1+3 but as there is no screen showing up it's impossible to reset the remote. I tired letting it go on all night and seeing if it stopped and that didn't work. The night before I had it plugged out all night and that didn't work either. -once again no sky menu screen appears so I can't do any on screen settings. And I have already tried to reset the remote. And have tried resetting the box. 

This message was authored by LorcanOToole This message was authored by: LorcanOToole

Sky streaming service not availbe for 2 days now. Can't even get home screen to load.

My Sky puck powers up and is connected. The TV briefly displays the Sky logo then reports "No Signal".

Restarting does not fix it. I've changed the batteries in the remote but the puck simply goes to sleep after restarting and no input from the remote makes any difference.

Yesterday, I contacted Sky support via their text facility and was told this was a server issue that would be rectified by the evening. It's now the following afternoon (Saturday) and still the same.

This message was authored by Piker20 This message was authored by: Piker20

Using puck.  Ethernet cable. 

Hold button for ten minutes makes no difference.

No blue screen. 

Light on puck will flash red green or white 

Sky on TV screen then when you release button it will turn off. No signal at tv

Then will turn itself back on and white solid light.

Then no signal received at tv and stays like that.

This message was authored by Chris1855 This message was authored by: Chris1855

Has the problem with Sky glass been rectified yet?

No Sky glass since Thursday night All that appears on Sky pages are they are attempting to repair the problem!!!

Can't wait to get to the pin problem

This message was authored by Michelle158 This message was authored by: Michelle158

Sky glass

Sky glass Tv stuck on updating software, tried hard reset. Still not working. 

This message was authored by MacGolfer This message was authored by: MacGolfer

I have Sky Stream

I have followed the process to the Link your account screen on my tv 

I have entered the sky com activate link on various computers and browsers.

I get an Oops there appears to be a problem please contact us - message.

I cannot get around this.

I am told there is an '"Outage" on Sky Stream "In my area".

How?

What are the timescales?

I gave spoken to a young lad at Sky who is as lost as i am.  

This message was authored by Matt02021 This message was authored by: Matt02021

I think it's time sky fessed up and issue a statement, to advise us paying customers, what is going on!!!!!

This message was authored by Kholt84 This message was authored by: Kholt84

Have done the reset, got onto network set up, won't accept my EE broadband says unsuccessful connection, I have to Ethernet cable long enough to do it that way, as the router and sky glass are in completely separate rooms. Have been on hold waiting for sky engineer to help me for hours. Have also tried this reset a number of times and won't connect 

I still can't get puck to reset. Several attempts yesterday and today. Do I need to reset WiFi hub??

I'll be going back to a fire stick I reckon.

This message was authored by Matt19891 This message was authored by: Matt19891

We are with ee an thats what it keeps saying to us when we put the pass code for wifi can not connect 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion