Discussion topic: Reset

This message was authored by PaulNetflix This message was authored by: PaulNetflix

Reset

I have been advised to do a factory reset on my sky glass before it is returned due to a damaged screen.
Therein lies the problem....

How do I preform a factory reset without being able to see the screen?

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Reset

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PaulNetflix 

1. Turn the TV off at the plug.
2. Press the power/standby button on the side of the TV and keeping pressing it down.
3. keep hold of  the power button and turn the plug back on.
4. Keeping holding the the power button down until it turns amber and then it should turn green. Then you can let go. 
5. The TV is reset, you'll have to connect to Wi-Fi set up the remotes and then you'll get an activation code. 
6. log into the sky activate site and enter the code and that's it.

7. you will also need to relogin to all your apps as well.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

PaulNetflix
Topic Author
This message was authored by PaulNetflix This message was authored by: PaulNetflix

• Hiya,.tried that bit does not go to Amber or green just stays red rapid blink then offers the.metwprk screen again with no WiFi showing.  Need a full factory reset.
  • Glass 55"
This message was authored by SKYRIP This message was authored by: SKYRIP

I'm having the same issue and it will not connect to my BB . I've got a 65" piece of glass on the wall and I'm lost as I've tried everything that's been suggested. Damn pity that I'm not abroad where you can call,get a qualified Technician to come out and fix it. So much for living in a first world country . (Sorry but, I'm livid with the lack of service) Any decent suggestions from anyone before I rip it off the wall and file it in File 13? ) Trash can to those who don't know what File 13 is 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion