Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Cdrw111 This message was authored by: Cdrw111

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Same for.me. I phoned Sky twice, the first time the assistant asked the technician three times and they told me nothing wrong with the site. Eventually she said wait a hour as I have tried to login too many times. I tried after two hours nothing changed. I phoned again, another assistant had a different story and eventually admitted it was in their end. I asked them not to  bill me this month as I am not paying. There were no managers left in the office as it was Friday. They said they would notify me via text when fixed. No text received as of now. Tried calling again to day but they state waiting times of 40 minutes at least. Have to wait till Monday  until tech team and managers in the office.

This message was authored by Cdrw111 This message was authored by: Cdrw111

Called Sky on this yesterday,  after two assistants telling me its my fault, they eventually said its down on their end. No fix yet.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Piker20 wrote:

I still can't get puck to reset. Several attempts yesterday and today. Do I need to reset WiFi hub??

I'll be going back to a fire stick I reckon.

You could try restarting your broadband router.

Mke sure your Sky devices are unplugged when doing so and restart the procedure again after the broadband router is back up.

If you are trying connecting your puck by wifi, maybe worth putting in an Ethernet cable if you have one to retry the procedure and then redo to wifi when all is working.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Shannon87 This message was authored by: Shannon87

20240921_163948.jpgI have tried everything but I am just stuck on this constantly

This message was authored by Sally102 This message was authored by: Sally102

Still. No sky stream since Thursday evening

Why is the problem not yet fixed? Anyone got any ideas ?

@Cdrw111 wrote:

Called Sky on this yesterday,  after two assistants telling me its my fault, they eventually said its down on their end. No fix yet.

Not sure what you have tried tried so far.

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Kaz9682 This message was authored by: Kaz9682

I've spent 3 hours on the phone today 🙄 someone called me back and tried to fix the problem. He went through the same steps that I've tried so many times! Basically he kept saying this is not good. I asked if it was due to a software update and he said it was. A million people affected. He couldn't sort it out..no-one could come and fix it and told me to leave the puck switched on at the mains overnight as there will be technicians trying to fix it. He also said " if you had sky Q this would not happen " I can't have a dish so thought this wonderful technology would be great...clearly not!!

This message was authored by Sally102 This message was authored by: Sally102

Re: Still. No sky stream since Thursday evening

Sky wont answer the phone, get they are busy, but this is very poor

@Kaz9682 wrote:

I've spent 3 hours on the phone today 🙄 someone called me back and tried to fix the problem. He went through the same steps that I've tried so many times!

You have not mentioned what you have tried so far.

If you have tried the below, try it again, it has taken some three or so times to get it to work.

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass Tv customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
This message was authored by Cjooconnor This message was authored by: Cjooconnor

Activation pages still not working for me in sligo Ireland. Tried it on tablet, laptop and phone also multi browser and always logged in first. Will just have to wait, will they credit is or give a free movie for no access the last 2 days

This message was authored by Riaz92 This message was authored by: Riaz92

Re: Has the problem with Sky glass been rectified yet?

Went to the sky pop up stands and they told me to do a hard reset and it's still not working!

This message was authored by Davidmoore This message was authored by: Davidmoore

Re: Still. No sky stream since Thursday evening

Still no sky 

3 days is ridiculous 

This message was authored by JohnM57 This message was authored by: JohnM57

I have repeatedly followed the page 2 reset instructions for a single sky stream puck (over 20 times in the last 2 days) all to no avail.

The puck goes through many cycles of flashing colours and then switches off.

The puck does not send a signal to the Tv, The power up button appears to have effect.

The only lights that are on are orange and green at the rear of the puck by the HDMI cable.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

This message was authored by Cath581 This message was authored by: Cath581

Got mine working through hot-spot on my phone.  No idea how it worked  was a suggestion from someone else.  Was only tv I had problem with connecting to router 

This message was authored by Ak47 This message was authored by: Ak47

Just do a hard reset unplug tv press power button hold down and put plug back in while holding button in until red light starts flashing then tv will restart and follow the prompts on tv hope this helps 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion