Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by MariePierre26 This message was authored by: MariePierre26

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

How did you get it to work ?

mine is giving me a code but there is nowhere to add this code onto my account. I cannot link that code to my current online sky account. Impossible to reactivate the PUK also impossible to get through sky 

This message was authored by Sarden7 This message was authored by: Sarden7

Thank you for all your help. Still experiencing the same issue. We have our router upstairs and sky glass downstairs so trying to work out how to use a etheret cable...

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Elderly parents have not had Sky Stream now for 3 days also no one from Sky answering calls!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Fuffedoff 

This is a customer helps customer forum and tagging sky won't do anything. Sky suffered issues with glass and Stream. Unfortunately the pucks need to be recovered following this advice issued by Sky:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on?area=sky-glass&DCMP=ivr-skycom:ec_gl...

It's likely (but not confirmed) that software update was the cause hence why not all pucks are affected. 

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Reilly9 This message was authored by: Reilly9

I am cancelling had enough 

This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

Has far as compensation goes, they tried to palm me off with £5. A fiver is laughable really and shows how little they think of their customers.

This message was authored by PHXTZ660 This message was authored by: PHXTZ660

For those of you still having reset issues please note that when resetting to follow this exactly, please be patient. 

• Turn off power at socket.
  • Find button on underneath of puck.
  • Press and hold button.
  • Still holding button and turn power back on...continue to hold button.
  • Hold button for a further 20 seconds until light on puck flashes different colours, red, orange then release button and follow on screen instructions.
  • If you get stuck on enter pin then repeat the reset from this point.
  • Make sure to hold button on puck until it flashes different colours. This is where I went wrong originally but fixed the problem and accepted my pin.
This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

Re: Elderly parents have not had Sky Stream now for 3 days also no one from Sky answering calls!

Not to be rude, but some members are obsessed with the "advice" from Sky. It's not working for all pucks, but yet keep telling these members same advice over and over. Not sure what some people are finding hard to understand.

This message was authored by Polqaz This message was authored by: Polqaz

@MariePierre26 wrote:

How did you get it to work ?

mine is giving me a code but there is nowhere to add this code onto my account. I cannot link that code to my current online sky account. Impossible to reactivate the PUK also impossible to get through sky 

@MariePierre26 

I am new to this but will do my best.

probably the best thing to do is log onto MySky first using your usual email address and password.  Once you have done that, go to the menu with the 3 lines in the top left hand corner.  Choose "MySky".  Then choose "Product Settings".  Then choose "Manage Devices".  Then, if you do not get an error page, choose Activate new device if that option is available.

If that does not work, it may be that your email address is not propely linked to the correct account.  However, try the above first and come back if not and I will try to explain a potential fix if you get stuck on the error message.

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@PaulRC1963 

But it's the only advice that has been issued. There isn't anyone on this forum from sky offering solutions. (This is a customer helps customer forum). If it's not working for your puck, the only other option is to contact Sky for support.

I'm not sure what people want other customers to do for them?

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Caroline104 This message was authored by: Caroline104

Our Sky Glass is back up and running, but having to sign in to all apps etc.  

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Caroline104 wrote:

Our Sky Glass is back up and running, but having to sign in to all apps etc.  

Yes, that's to be expected after the recovery process.

This message was authored by HuwJames This message was authored by: HuwJames

Good news!  As of 8pm tonight (Sunday 22nd September) I have managed to get my Sky Glass TV working!  Held the reset button whilst turning power on and then held it for a few minutes (not 20 seconds as in the website) and eventually the Sky logo came on and the system rebooted itself!  Suspect Sky butchered a software update and have now fixed it but obviously not told anyone!  Unfortunately all my saved channels have disappeared and some of the programs like Paramount & Discovery+ do now not recognize me!  Hopefully Sky will sort that out as I am not paying twice!

This message was authored by Dribble999 This message was authored by: Dribble999

Unable to link my puck to my account after reset suggested by sky. https://sky.com/activate

Issues since last Thursday with the puck not turning on. I have followed all the advice several times now to recent it.  I now cannot get to the link to add the code to link my account to the puck. I'm ready to throw it out the window and cancel all sky

This message was authored by JaqiT This message was authored by: JaqiT

I have tried this but always gets to link your account with a code which will Not link on my Sky app no matter what I try this is my fourth day without now since Thursday 4 pm 

This message was authored by AphraH This message was authored by: AphraH

Sky glass not connecting to internet

Hi, I know sky glass is down, but I have managed to get mine switched back on but now it won't connect to my Internet. It was connected before the tv wouldn't turn on. So I know it works and my internet works as all other devices are working in the house. Any ideas?? Had no tv for over a week now. Thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion