Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Havill This message was authored by: Havill

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Every body needs to stop payments coming out of the banks  until Sky have  got their act together I'm not playing for a company, that don't seem to care about their customers. It's expensive enough as it is without getting No service.

Customer service is Nil Everything they tell you to do is a waste of time tried loads of times still nothing it's a joke 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Havill wrote:

Every body needs to stop payments coming out of the banks  until Sky have  got their act together 

That causes access to the account (including any Sky Broadband) to be suspended, accrues debt and can eventually lead to recovery proceedings and an impaired credit score.  While seemingly a natural response to undeniably poor customer service, it's really very unwise in practice.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Snooky2 This message was authored by: Snooky2

Unable to link my skyglass account

When I click on the Sky icon on my TV it asks me to set up and link my account by going to sky.com/activate and enter a code. When I go to sky.com/activate it asks for my login details and then I get an error and it tells me to call up for support

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Havill wrote:

stop yr payments going out the bank  until we've been told the truth  

See my post above.  It's really not a good idea.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by PaulMX5 This message was authored by: PaulMX5

Oops, there has been a problem - Fixed!

I am now watching my Sky Glass TV after the Oops message.

I originally purchased my TV with my work email, but have the Sky viewing account on a different email. I changed my Sky viewing account email to the email I purchased the  TV on, and bingo!

I hope this helps others, and thanks to other forum users for the input, wine time!

This message was authored by Cats63 This message was authored by: Cats63

Managed to power up my sky glass using the instructions given, but ever since we have problems with either the picture freezing but having sound or having a picture but no sound. What is going on? Paying a lot for a less than sufficient service!

This message was authored by Strumblehead This message was authored by: Strumblehead

Re: Sky stream tv not working

First of all I couldn't get my pick to switch on so I followed instructions to reset it. Done that and have to set it up from scratch again. When I try to enter my activation number I get the error 'sorry we've encountered a problem' 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Looking forward to some compensation from Sky with my Stream. Also... are they ever going to fix the pixealation issues or keep blaming others for it?

This message was authored by Victoria171 This message was authored by: Victoria171

Sky tv

My sky glass tv did not come on for over 24 hours. Am i entitled for any compensation.
This message was authored by Tracey102 This message was authored by: Tracey102

Sky not working day 3

My sky went off on Friday it's now Sunday night I have 3 kids and no Ariel on the tv it's broken so I can't watch normal tv the mesage on my tv now says link your account with a code but I can't seem to beable to put that code in anywjere I've been on the phone to sky done everything and still nothing tomorrow is day 4 and I paid my 51pound tv bill yesterday 🤬🤬🤬🤬

This message was authored by Polqaz This message was authored by: Polqaz

@PaulMX5 wrote:

Oops, there has been a problem - Fixed!

I am now watching my Sky Glass TV after the Oops message.

I originally purchased my TV with my work email, but have the Sky viewing account on a different email. I changed my Sky viewing account email to the email I purchased the  TV on, and bingo!

I hope this helps others, and thanks to other forum users for the input, wine time!

@PaulMX5 

Wow - this worked for me as well!  Fair play to you Paul!

So these are the steps:

1. Search your emails to identify the email address you used to order Sky Glass, and find your account number.

2. Log out of MySky

3. Log back in using the email address you used to buy Sky Glass, and set up a new Sky ID.

4. It will probably say that you do not have any services associated with that email address, so you will need to link the new SkyId to your account.

5. Once you have linked the new accounts, do to produce settings, and choose set up a new device, and you will get the activation page.

6. Insert the on screen activation code and away you go.

This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

Someone please help me, stuck on pin page, have unplugged and left several times, first time I left it for 30 seconds, still takes me back to pin page, next time I left it for 5 minutes, still takes me back to pin page, have even tried 1 hour. I have never had a pin, gave it last 4 digits of phone number and it's apparently not that, gave last 4 digits of payment method and didn't like that either. I'm now stuck, doesn't matter if I do the hard reset or not, still brings me back to pin page and I cannot get past it no matter how many times I unplug it and plug it back in again 

This message was authored by SW606 This message was authored by: SW606

Sky Glass reset and link account DOES NOT WORK. Be advised.

Link account also not working for me. I have followed the advice and reset the TV TWICE. I have tried linking 10+ times with no success. Now I hear people just unplugged for 10 minutes and then it just worked. No accurate information from Sky. In fact just a delaying tactic wasting our time.

Even the person at Sky I spoke to had no Sky glass. If they can't fix it for their own what gives ?

FUMING. I have been on the phone multiple times. On the 9th I finally got through to someone who said they would put me through to a "real engineer". 10 minutes later the call dropped. I am just cancelling it now. Got my TV working with a set top box from another provider so can save myself a fortune and all this rubbish. Well done Sky - I have been loyal for many years but your telephone experience is shocking. I am also going to complain to the regulator. If you allow us to sign up online without speaking to anyone then you should allow us to cancel online without having to wait on the phone for hours.

This message was authored by Fuffedoff This message was authored by: Fuffedoff

Elderly parents have not had Sky Stream now for 3 days also no one from Sky answering calls!

Why is Sky Stream not working at all? There may be outages as stated in some areas however 1 puck seems to be streaming services and the other 2 not. Does not make sense! My parents who have this issue are elderly (I've an old fashioned dish so no issues at my house!) so it's a problem not being able to watch TV. They are pretty aggitated that they are paying £75 a month for something they can't use - unlike their previous Virgin services ( they now wish they hadn't swapped when moving house). They have had nothing but issues since June when Sky was installed!

What are you going to do about this @Sky?

This message was authored by leetrain This message was authored by: leetrain

My modem is on a different floor to the tv 🙈

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion