Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Re: Won’t turn on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Hi

Thanks for sharing. I did this when I spoke to a sky advisor and it still wouldnt work. She said it was an outage of some sorts and did mention that what you have suggested has worked for some customers. 

This message was authored by Lee+Bromley This message was authored by: Lee+Bromley

Re: I have reset my sky glass as it want working. I am then asked to link my account and told to go

Those who are getting error messages such as unavailable try again later when trying to activate after a factory reset.

Try a different browser which you have never used before such as "Brave" or "Opera"

Clearing your cache and cookies would solve that problem, but if you don't want to loose stored settings on one browser, then just try one of the others above and if it asks to import settings or history state "no"

Just go to the activate page as directed on the Sky site and that should work.

Thanks Lee...no joy but I shall persevere! 

This message was authored by Rob+House This message was authored by: Rob+House

Sky Glass back up and running.

Switch the Tv off at the wall.
Hold the Standby button on the side of the tv and switch the Tv back on at the wall. Keep the Standby button pressed on until you see the red light at the front of the Tv flash and Sky logo is on the Tv. 

The Tv will then start down loading the latest software which can take 5-10 minutes.

Only down side to this process is you will have to setup your tv again by pressing 1&3 on remote to pair your remote to the tv.

Once you have done this you will have to go on your phone or table, be logged in to your Sky account and go to Sky.com/activate.  This is where you can enter the numbers on the tv screen to activate your Sky Glass again on to your account.

Just follow the installation instructions to get your Tv up and running again.

This message was authored by katieface1989 This message was authored by: katieface1989

Yes I've tried the steps and now nothing. 

This message was authored by Kimikins This message was authored by: Kimikins

Re: Sky Glass and Stream Pucks - Won’t load the home screen beyond a blue refresh screen

Hi Kev, thanks. We have now tried that and downloaded software updates (three times) and started the configuration of the remote etc. We then get a Link your account code but when you go onto sky.com/ activate it just says there is a problem and you can't go further. We've tried speaking to someone who just said, 'People are getting it back now; just wait and it'll correct itself. Some time soon today.' Nothing has happened so far. We've updated again and same circle. Do you have any news? We've had no service  all evening.

This message was authored by chargomp This message was authored by: chargomp

WHATTTT it's gone off again - now Ive just got a black screen!

This message was authored by TJ7355 This message was authored by: TJ7355

Still no sky glass

Been without sky TV for well over 24 hours.  Tried to get the Sky glass up and running but the sky activation website is not working to take my activation code.  Is anyone else experiencing the same issue.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Tv won’t turn on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nickib1 wrote:

I fail to see how a tv can just stop working and the engineers are trying to fix it, well how long is this going to take, is it one those how long is a piece of string things, not very good as far as I'm concerned. 

Glass isn't a TV: it's a bespoke computing device with its own operating system which accesses server resources over the internet to deliver digital video content to service subscribers.

Frankly no 'Smart TV' is actually a television set: those were purely hardware devices which rendered a broadcast analogue signal as lines on a cathode ray tube, and haven't existed for quite a while.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

It's frustrating Katie! I was on the phone to and engineer for over an hr (she was v helpful) but stated that after exhausting every option, I would have to wait until the sky engineering team fixed the outage and to keep checking my sky app messaging to see if it's been fixed. 

This message was authored by NA21 This message was authored by: NA21

Re: I have reset my sky glass as it want working. I am then asked to link my account and told to go

Tried the recovery process but in vain 

Just checked service in my area on my sky account and it says there is outage in your area!

But it doesn't say why or when will it be back ... glad I didn't switch to sky mobile! 

Re: Tv won’t turn on

Ah, I'm sky stream not glass but it should work by following the same steps or so the advise or told me. Thanks 

This message was authored by Hendry This message was authored by: Hendry

Sky Glass now working after Outage yesterday. Sky Mini Box still not working on other tv.

Is Sky Stream still affected by Outage since yesterday.

This message was authored by Christian15 This message was authored by: Christian15

thats go the TV on thanks, now its doing an update, thanks for your help 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion