Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by R1char8 This message was authored by: R1char8

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

And yes, the fix works for some, but others have no power anymore so there is no way for the update to go through. 

This message was authored by TOMTOM181 This message was authored by: TOMTOM181

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24 Repost of the reset

Just for people who are reading the discussions for the first time.   My Glass did not work for 24 hours.  I did usual check power, reset internet etc etc.   Then saw the news that lots of customers had the same problem so read all the posts here.   This is what I tried.  So sorry its still not working for some people but it eventually worked for me and it working. I suspect that SKY caused the problem and now everyone has to download the fix by doing this reset. But for some its clearly still not working - so sorry for everyone but worth posting again I think. 

I tried so many times to do what the  Sky reset said and nothing happend but then I read this post which I am reposting. I have highlighed what worked for me. I was not holding the button down until the SKY logo came on. Seriously it was at least 5 minutes!  Suddently the Sky TV sign came on, I stopped pressing it and again waited thinking nothing was happening. Then suddenly after 10 minutes it started the download.   Then once the download was done I had to pair my remote again by pressing 1 and 3.  Then I  got the code, entered it on the website on my laptop and  had to enter my pin.   I copied the website link from the instructions on the TV but for some people that is saying error. Just to note I was logged into my sky account.  

Switch the Tv off at the wall.
Hold the Standby button on the side of the tv and switch the Tv back on at the wall. Keep the Standby button pressed on until you see the red light at the front of the Tv flash and Sky logo is on the Tv. 

The Tv will then start down loading the latest software which can take 5-10 minutes.

Only down side to this process is you will have to setup your tv again by pressing 1&3 on remote to pair your remote to the tv.

Once you have done this you will have to go on your phone or table, be logged in to your Sky account and go to Sky.com/activate.  This is where you can enter the numbers on the tv screen to activate your Sky Glass again on to your account.

Just follow the installation instructions to get your Tv up and running again.

This message was authored by Frankiejh This message was authored by: Frankiejh

I’ve not been able to use my puck nor sky glass all day

My sky has been off all day

This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

Re: I’ve not been able to use my puck nor sky glass all day

Me too. According to the Sky website, the whole lot has gone down.

This message was authored by Missy+Muldoon This message was authored by: Missy+Muldoon

@Fozzy456 wrote:

This information is useless as your activate website is not working so my Glass is still dumb, a bit like Sky Management.

What a farce and poor example of customer service, no dedicated number, problem caused by Sky yet you continue to roll on in the same old way leaving us without the service we are paying for, rubbish!

@Fozzy456  I have just looked at the activation page and it appears to be working as one would expect.

You MUST be logged into your My Sky account at  https://www.sky.com/mysky  or the page will not load and will give an error message (usually Oops there's been an error).

Once logged in go to https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate This is where you can enter your activation code.

... The device has to be actually working in the first place to enter an activation code etc... Sky Stream ain't working!!!!!

@Missy+Muldoon  If you follow the recovery process as advised by Sky the entering the activation code is part of this process.  I followed this process and it took about 5 or 6 minutes and my stream has been working fine since then...

Glad it worked for you @Fozzy456... sadly, for most of us, despite following the instructions religiously, there's no option to enter an activation code etc because our Sky remains 'dead'... box/puck/remote... none of it works, so we couldn't enter any information even if we were invited to! (We're not by the way because our systems simply aren't working and aren't responding to the suggested reboot/configure options).

This message was authored by Vic36 This message was authored by: Vic36

My sky glass TV is working and one of the picks absolutely fine. It's a and pick that isn't working. Is it this fault sky are aware of do you think? Worked fine last night. White light flashing non stop

This message was authored by Lee+Bromley This message was authored by: Lee+Bromley

Re: Sky Glass Power Up Fobbed Off

I think the issue you are missing is this TV is like no other TV on the market. Sky's software is so heavily integrated into it with updates being rolled out constantly.

If Sky bricked TV's in huge numbers as they have today Sky would have no choice but to accept liability for their error.

Lets put it like this, my TV was in a totally bricked state this morning. When I logged into my ASUS Router this morning to see if there was network traffic coming from the TV there was absolutely none, it wasn't pinging out there was nothing coming from the Ethernet port. Which means it's very unlikely Sky will be unable to recover these devices over-the-air, and because there is no resolution as so far coming it's going to need either the intervention of the customer or a Sky Enhineer to recover these devices.

Lets face it Sky messed up, big time.

And if any devices are bricked permanently because of this out of warranty I'm absolutely certain the customer would have a valid claim under the consumer rights act.

Sky need to apologise big time, and sincerely mean it.

This message was authored by Miklos This message was authored by: Miklos

Agree, but let me repeat this again what I added some minutes ago - it seems that there is NO QUALITY CONTROL at the software development department - nilch, zero! 

How on Earth did they managed to release a such a terribly botched update?

Sorry, this is far beyond my expectance level!

55" Sky Glass Anthracite (Ethernet) • Sky Live (VC100-ant) • Whole Home pack with 1 SKY Stream Puck (WiFi)
512Mbit FTTP Internet (Fibrenest)
This message was authored by Chris408 This message was authored by: Chris408

Re: I’ve not been able to use my puck nor sky glass all day

Our sky glass system has been down since yesterday afternoon 

This message was authored by Jimmy7062 This message was authored by: Jimmy7062

You have to login again to your apps, there is a problem with Discovery +. It takes you to a screen about accepting how they share info with partners, when you accept it hangs with the circle rotating.

I have been in touch with Discovery+. They are working  on a solution to the problem so watch this space .

This message was authored by Rhys30 This message was authored by: Rhys30

Sky stream not working

Sky stream isn't working , been intermittent the last couple of days now it's stopped completely, I've tried the recovery process but when it asks to press 7 & 9 together for 2 seconds to set up the remote it does nothing and the mute symbol just flashes on and off ? 

This message was authored by Lee+Bromley This message was authored by: Lee+Bromley

Formal complaint then court if you get no joy. Screenshot Sky's website, twitter and these pages.

Then bring a court case against Sky under the consumer rights act. Sky have zero chance of winning with such evidence against them.

They have messed up big time and they know it.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lee+Bromley wrote:.

Which means it's very unlikely Sky will be unable to recover these devices over-the-air, and because there is no resolution as so far coming it's going to need either the intervention of the customer or a Sky Enhineer to recover these devices.

Which is of course a problem because there is no engineer infrastructure for Glass/Stream: the new business model was chosen (by an American cable company) knowing it would make the Sky satellite dish personnel redundant 

Lets face it Sky messed up, big time.

Very much so.

And if any devices are bricked permanently because of this out of warranty I'm absolutely certain the customer would have a valid claim under the consumer rights act.

As I mentioned somewhere above, I suspect current consumer rights legislation simply has no reference to any such concept because it wasn't in existence when the laws were drafted.  The whole concept of 'in/out of warranty', which has historically been a mechanical thing, is rather dubious when the manufacturer can inadvertently reach out and break a previously functional device at any time.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Caz54 This message was authored by: Caz54

Re: Sky stream not working

My sky glass still not working day 2. Rang sky wouldnt help at all i said done the manual and they said some people back some not couldnt give me a time frame told me  leave t v on all day and night but have keep pressing remote where do we go from here. 

This message was authored by Scootlandt35 This message was authored by: Scootlandt35

Re: Tv wont turn on everytime its been off for a while

BBC News have just reported on the issue. Unsurprisingly sky went "no comment" on the matter!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion