Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by alanb3 This message was authored by: alanb3

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@Nikkipender719  Your PIN is either the last 4 digits of the account holders mobile number or whatever you/they changed the PIN to at some point.

This message was authored by DjIce1983 This message was authored by: DjIce1983

Yes I am. I think it's trying to connect to the wrong network and I can't change the connection to my WiFi either 

This message was authored by Eastender This message was authored by: Eastender

Yeh mine aswell 

This message was authored by Droichead This message was authored by: Droichead

@Nikkipender719 wrote:

I've tried both hard reset and the steps sky have given me many times. Stuck on the pin page, I'm in Cannock WS11 so maybe this is being sorted by area 

Same here, even reset my PIN and get the 'Incorrect PIN' message. On attempt 0 of 3 no matter how many times I try it.

This message was authored by Pippa29 This message was authored by: Pippa29

No Sky glass all day!

Hello 

I've had no sky glass all day since 7:40am this morning. When will the issue be sorted. 

This message was authored by Eastender This message was authored by: Eastender

Your pin is what you use to watch age restricted programes 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul+Dray wrote:

On a serious note, I'm not actually sure how they are going to be able to fix this over the air as the puck is essentially caught in a continuous loop of coming out of standby to show startup logo and then switching to standby for a brief time and repeat.. Sky sending an update command (when they finally fix it) will have to catch it at the right time one presumes 🤔

I could do the Recover Puck procedure but I kind of just want to wait for Sky to fix it without any intervention from me.

There will be no over the air fix.

Youu need to do the recovery procedure.

Just follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
This is the link and procedure the text has also.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Meital This message was authored by: Meital

I can't believe how easy it was to set it up again ! Also I agree the advisor Is not to blame ...  🤷🏾‍♀️

I wish sky could post the steps to restore... 

for future...

This message was authored by Curiosity2 This message was authored by: Curiosity2

Has anyone's puck started working yet? I've rebooted it this evening - now all I have is a blank screen, the puck has stopped flashing and has a continous white light. 😩

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: No Sky glass all day!

@Pippa29  Follow the advice in post two which is marked as the answer 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Nikkipender719 wrote:

I've tried both hard reset and the steps sky have given me many times. Stuck on the pin page, I'm in Cannock WS11 so maybe this is being sorted by area 

At the pin stage, ignore the pin failing message and power off the puck for two minutes and repower and follow the instructions on screen.

Its resolved that pin issue for many today.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Js25 This message was authored by: Js25

Have gotten to the activation stage after resetting my puck, when I go to active on the sky website, it just comes up that there's been a problem and to call sky. When you try to call it just says come here and follow the process of resetting the puck and then hangs up 🙄

This message was authored by Benard1 This message was authored by: Benard1

Sky TV not working morning.

Sky TV is not working this morning. Nothing shows a part of the word Sky on the TV screen. Any help?

This message was authored by Retrac This message was authored by: Retrac

I have done the reset which worked for the tv.

But left with the problem of the remote not working even after trying the reconnecting steps holding 7&9 3 secs then 1&3 3 secs, also using speech works for a couple of times then have turn tv off and on to get the voice to respond again.

I have been on hold with Sky for 70 mins, so far to check if this is related to the power up issue.

This message was authored by Shankers This message was authored by: Shankers

I have rebooted my tv but now it won't connect to the Internet with was, password and cable

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion