Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hyper1979 wrote:

The "fix" is just a workaround that is only sorting out some devices, not all. 

You need to start coming up with some other solution(s) asap!

The procedure isn't a 'workaround': it's a hard reset which manually initiates a software download.  If the initial problem has rendered the televisions and pucks unable to have software pushed to them, it's difficult to see what the 'other solution(s)' might be other than hardware replacement, which obviously has a much longer timescale.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Vickim8558 This message was authored by: Vickim8558

Can't get past network setup. No TV since last night. Should of stayed Q box so much more reliable. On hold again to Sky third time with waiting for 1.5 hours. Sky suck!!!!!

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Hyper1979 wrote:

Seriously, this is ridiculous now. 

My puck has been down for (closing in on) 24 hours. I've done the "fix" several times and it hasn't worked. The "fix" is just a workaround that is only sorting out some devices, not all. 

You need to start coming up with some other solution(s) asap!

Follow the procedure in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Lauren222 This message was authored by: Lauren222

But why would it be a hardware problem when it was working perfectly fine until sky did something like always????? 

This message was authored by Darh2611 This message was authored by: Darh2611

It is still not working so I want to cancel my account and you can have equipment back as ain't paying for something that ain't working and sky are doing nothing to help customers
This message was authored by Thesmiths This message was authored by: Thesmiths

Sky glass 55inch down since 4.30pm yesterday. Resets not working. Cannot connect Xbox anything. It's a joke if I knew then what I know now I wouldn't buy Glass again. Soon happy to put my bills up. But cannot sort this out 

This message was authored by Shakira1 This message was authored by: Shakira1

Re: I would like to speak to a real person at sky what's the number?

My sky stream is working fine however my internet is really slow on my devices I have restarted it but it is still the same. Is everyone experiencing the same thing 

This message was authored by Shannon87 This message was authored by: Shannon87

Re: My TV is saying you’re now connected, let’s finish rest of set up but seems to be frozen, anyone

Had the exact same all day 

This message was authored by Hyper1979 This message was authored by: Hyper1979

Yes, and I have done this hard reset several times (as have many others) and it's obvious from the posts on this thread that it isn't some universal fix.

This message was authored by Vickim8558 This message was authored by: Vickim8558

NOTHING WORKING NOBODY ANSWERING PHONE

This message was authored by Shakira1 This message was authored by: Shakira1

Re: My TV is saying you’re now connected, let’s finish rest of set up but seems to be frozen, anyone

When doing the service check on the app it is saying that it is working fine however I'm so confused. I have a couple in uni meeting and work to do but can't see anything as the internet is caying no connection but in the box and my WiFi it says it's working. Is there anything I can do to fix this 

This message was authored by SteveD2407 This message was authored by: SteveD2407

Have successfully logged back in by persevering with the holding down the standby button on the TV whilst plugging it back in, not easy with only 2 hands and some distance between the TV and the plug. The setup isn't easy, you need internet access on another device and your master account to verify, ( took me 3 attempts).

The whole thing is pretty shambolic, and here's the big rant, checked my Apps.... Netflix login okay..... AND NOTHING ELSE. having now to find passwords for 6 or 7 other app logins. 

This message was authored by Jlnk This message was authored by: Jlnk

Sky glass and sky streaming

IMG_3018.png

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Sky glass still not working

Still no sky glass and still can't watch anything I hope you take some money of my bill please why paid for something when can't used it

This message was authored by Juls56wingo This message was authored by: Juls56wingo

customers need to register their complaints with Ofcom the more sky customer that do this the more they will be held accounable in the end and for compensation i registered my complaint this morning andxwas given a reference number for the logged complaint for bad sky customer service and no communication /updates .

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion