Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Jimmy7062 This message was authored by: Jimmy7062

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Carried out the steps as advised by sky on both the sky glass and puck up and running no problem, bit of a bugger having to log into all the apps again.

This message was authored by Rebecca20212 This message was authored by: Rebecca20212

This is 2 nights now I've tried all the steps and nothing, I hope sky are going to deduct us for this. As I have 4 sky pucks and sky glass! Can't use any of them 

This message was authored by Missy+Muldoon This message was authored by: Missy+Muldoon

This fix doesn't work for many unforunately 😩

This message was authored by JohnDonald This message was authored by: JohnDonald

Re: I have reset my sky glass as it want working. I am then asked to link my account and told to go

Does not work.  You get this message:

IMG_1369.png

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Won’t turn on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kdoodle wrote:

It's frustrating Katie! I was on the phone to and engineer for over an hr (she was v helpful) but stated that after exhausting every option, I would have to wait until the sky engineering team fixed the outage and to keep checking my sky app messaging to see if it's been fixed. 

@Kdoodle  Sky are recommending that subscribers carry out the recovery procedure as shown in the  "Answer" to this very comprehensive thread

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Lee+Bromley This message was authored by: Lee+Bromley

Re: Sky tv

The issue is Sky have effectively bricked our Glass TV's because of a botched update either OTA or their end.

Its unacceptable that folk are having to factory reset their TVs to resolve a problem created by Sky.

There are folk out there who simply will not be able to reset their TVs and will be off service for days.

Its not acceptable in any shape or form, these TV's when paid in full are our property and Sky brick them, and I bet any TVs which can't be factory restored and out of warranty, Sky won't fix them.

This message was authored by Step09 This message was authored by: Step09

My sky stream is not working I knew I should have kept sky Q

My sky stream is not working I knew I should have kept sky Q ,and sky is not answering the phone that's bad customer care 

This message was authored by katieface1989 This message was authored by: katieface1989

Re: Won’t turn on

Thank you for responding. Rubbish that you had to be on the phone for over 1hr and still not solved. Hopefully will be fixed soon. In the mean time I might have to converse with my partner 😂

This message was authored by AndyNH1 This message was authored by: AndyNH1

Re: Sky Stream Puck stuck on PIN reset

Having lost Sky TV on my Puck since yesterday afternoon. I have followed the instructions to reset/reboot the Puck. Constantly getting stuck on PIN error despite resetting it. Very frustrating with little support and updates on when the outage will be resolved. Unable to speak to anyone. When is this going to be fixed?
This message was authored by Maurice1000 This message was authored by: Maurice1000

Not working won’t switch on

Sky no help can't speak to a human being 

This message was authored by TOMTOM181 This message was authored by: TOMTOM181

Just got mine to work with the reset but you MUST keep holding the button on the side of your sky glass TV until the words SKY come on.  THis took quite a while.  

This message was authored by Alex1411 This message was authored by: Alex1411

My sky glass is not working and been over 24hourz now without a tv 

This message was authored by Missy+Muldoon This message was authored by: Missy+Muldoon

Re: Tv won’t turn on

Done all the suggested resets several times - TV/Sky Streaming puck/box thing still 'dead'/non-responsive afterwards. Thought it was my remote yesterday... changed batteries etc but nothing works. What really winds me up is Sky telling customers to do this reset and it will sort it... IT ABSOLUTELY WON'T AND DOESN'T SORT IT (for loads of us at any rate!) ... Gonna call it a night and watch normal TV (which I should have done all along - really, REALLY regret ever getting conned into Sky TV - they've been nothing but trouble since signing up and I'm sick of paying for an inadequate service that isn't received!)... Anyone know what the legalities are as to getting out of a contract if the supplier isn't providing the agreed service?

This message was authored by Scottydog76 This message was authored by: Scottydog76

Finally got back up and running. Followed the reset instructions although immediately came into an issue with the PIN screen not working. Turned off and back on again, following the instructions and now back live.

I was previously with Virgin Media and never had any issues like this. I've even been offered the option to exist from my broadband contract due to poor speeds. Whilst not linked,  after this experience,  I'll be doing that. 

This message was authored by Vicky741 This message was authored by: Vicky741

Re: I have reset my sky glass as it want working. I am then asked to link my account and told to go

@Carlggggg I had the same issue last night I ended up asking the sky virtual assistant on the sky app to help it told me to change my password on my sky app account so my tv could link to it I did this and then it accepted the code which was on my tv screen went through all the prompts and managed to get the tv working however I have had to scan a few QR codes today to watch certain channels like it first did when I bought this ridiculous tv two years ago hope this helps 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion