Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Gillian110 This message was authored by: Gillian110

Sky stream reset done but now can't link account

I feel this is something that could be sorted by talking to a real person but that doesn't seem to be an option. I had to do the reset on my sky stream puck, having had the same problems in the last couple of days as thousands of other users. When I was moving through the steps, it asked me to link my account. When I tried to do this, there was nothing on the link that required putting in the code on the tv. I was then told to unlink an old inactive which I did. But now I'm stuck and it won't let me use the current address.. Getting oops messages and cannot be processed at this time. I've been just going round in circles. Is there a phone number I can call and speak to an actual person?

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: My q box white light is flashing and can’t access my TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bugs1  Sky Q has a blue Q light, what you are describing is a Sky stream puck which has some ongoing issue so your post has been moved.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Logiem This message was authored by: Logiem

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

My sky glass will now turn on, but will not connect to wifi, that's 2 whole days! 
getting the sky glass was the worst thing ever. 
rating to get hold of anyone to speak to is hard work.

my contract is up in October. Will happily get rid 

@Sky

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Re: Won’t turn on

Part of me is laughing at the fact I'm getting frustrated because my tv isn't working and the other half is get off your **bleep** and go something productive...like get an early night! All the best with conversing 🙂 

This message was authored by Missy+Muldoon This message was authored by: Missy+Muldoon

Re: Sky tv

The suggested reset doesn't work anyway!

This message was authored by Kdoodle This message was authored by: Kdoodle

Re: Sky Stream Puck stuck on PIN reset

Hi Andy

i was told my an adviser that she couldn't specify and that the engineers would continue to try and resolve the issue! Not good enough though really 

This message was authored by Tglandfi This message was authored by: Tglandfi

For two days now my sky steam hasn’t work now it’s telling me my last 4 digits of my phone number th

My sky steam hasn't worked for two days now I've done the reset still won't work now it's telling me my pin is wrong and that's the last 4 digits of my phone number that I've had for 15 years so I know it ain't wrong 

what is going on with it 

I need help 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@AndyNH1 wrote:
Having lost Sky TV on my Puck since yesterday afternoon. I have followed the instructions to reset/reboot the Puck. Constantly getting stuck on PIN error despite resetting it. Very frustrating with little support and updates on when the outage will be resolved. Unable to speak to anyone. When is this going to be fixed?

@AndyNH1  Sky have advised that when you get to the part that want you to enter a PIN do not enter it but switch off your puck at the power socket instead and then reboot it.  Start the process again and give it a try as it worked for me.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by TOMTOM181 This message was authored by: TOMTOM181

I tried so many times to do what the  Sky reset said and nothing happend but then I read this post which I am reposting. I have highlighed what worked for me. I was not holding the button down until the SKY logo came on. Seriously it was at least 5 minutes!  Suddently the Sky TV sign came on, I stopped pressing it and again waited thinking nothing was happening. Then suddenly after 10 minutes it started the download.   Then once the download was done I had to pair my remote again by pressing 1 and 3.  Then I  got the code, entered it on the website on my laptop and  had to enter my pin.   Its now on after 24 hours off.   

Switch the Tv off at the wall.
Hold the Standby button on the side of the tv and switch the Tv back on at the wall. Keep the Standby button pressed on until you see the red light at the front of the Tv flash and Sky logo is on the Tv. 

The Tv will then start down loading the latest software which can take 5-10 minutes.

Only down side to this process is you will have to setup your tv again by pressing 1&3 on remote to pair your remote to the tv.

Once you have done this you will have to go on your phone or table, be logged in to your Sky account and go to Sky.com/activate.  This is where you can enter the numbers on the tv screen to activate your Sky Glass again on to your account.

Just follow the installation instructions to get your Tv up and running again.

This message was authored by PDBird1607 This message was authored by: PDBird1607

I am unable to even get a screen that would even allow me to reset the puck. Any ideas?

This message was authored by ambivalent_ This message was authored by: ambivalent_

Also still going through this issue...

As if this is something they cannot fix within a few hours

Missed all the football of which we pay £50 a month for 

Have been on hold on the phone 3 times and hung up after 40 minutes each time

Complete joke!

This message was authored by RichardCMB This message was authored by: RichardCMB

This worked for me! Hold that standby  button and just wait. Shocking service. 

This message was authored by ScottieToo This message was authored by: ScottieToo

Do you test your "fixes"?

Doing the reset has completely lost the remote control connection so I can't click on continue meaning I have a TV stuck on the end of the reset where I can't hit continue.

I remove the ethernet cable to reset again. It then gives the Remote control setup saying press hold 7 and 9 together but this does NOTHING. Calling the sky number just cycles you back to these rubbish instructions and then hangs up to call. Great change management, great support, well done. That is sarcasm.

This message was authored by Northy This message was authored by: Northy

I've reset the remote holding 4 and 6 then done the button in side and turn plug in all I get is sky comes on screen then goes black 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Tv won’t turn on

@Missy+Muldoon wrote:

Anyone know what the legalities are as to getting out of a contract if the supplier isn't providing the agreed service?

It's been previously posted to this forum that while not obliged to do so, Sky has permitted permit early exit without penalty for users who are really unhappy with Glass/Stream.

Note however that the repayment of a purchase loan for Glass has a different legal status to a Sky content subscription.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion