Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe240 wrote:

@Jporch316 Nope, only 1 sky glass tv 

@Chloe240 

Im afraid you will need to call sky - a poster above says there's only a 10 minute wait when he called 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by markcpops This message was authored by: markcpops

Still stuck on the activation "Ooops" page after 4 days. Managed to get thru to Sky today and spoke to someone but still no joy. They have taken my details but the person I spoke to basically went thru all the stuff that I was trying over the weekend.  She said that they are collating all the information of all the users that are still struggling. I dont think they have any idea whats going on with us stragglers!!

markcpops

This message was authored by Sazzle0801 This message was authored by: Sazzle0801

I am having the exact same issue. Managed to speak to someone at sky who suggested I log in to the sky activate page using the email account I have associated directly with my sky account. ( I have 2 email addresses for sky, a sky.com and outlook.com) I did as he said but still not working. (I have tried both email addresses) The TV is just stuck on the activate page! This is now the end of day 4 and no further forward in getting this sorted out. The bloke at sky didn't know what to suggest and just said he'd come back to me if he found anything out! Honestly this is just ridiculous now. 😩

This message was authored by Philg1969 This message was authored by: Philg1969

I reckon they had a cyber attack that's why my account details are gone ..keeping an eye on my bank account ..

it's shocking how poor @Sky.com are ..

I am no engineer nor do I work for Sky 

please send someone out to fix or collect this TV 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Philg1969 wrote:

@Philg1969 

There are no engineers that attend addresses to fix Sky Glass.

You can't cancel a subscription via the forum.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@Philg1969 wrote:

I reckon they had a cyber attack that's why my account details are gone ..keeping an eye on my bank account ..

it's shocking how poor @Sky.com are ..

I am no engineer nor do I work for Sky 

Or try the recovery fix - takes about 1-2 minutes and the hardest part is switching the plug on with your finger on the tv ......... 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@markcpops wrote:

Still stuck on the activation "Ooops" page after 4 days. Managed to get thru to Sky today and spoke to someone but still no joy. They have taken my details but the person I spoke to basically went thru all the stuff that I was trying over the weekend.  She said that they are collating all the information of all the users that are still struggling. I dont think they have any idea whats going on with us stragglers!!

markcpops

In most cases the oops page is down to using a different email account to login rather than the one you used to buy sky stream / glass 

This message was authored by SandiPatsx55 This message was authored by: SandiPatsx55

I also think it's more serious and a cyber attack would be devastating! Worrying that Sky have not been clear rather saying it's a technical fault! 

This message was authored by dave19561 This message was authored by: dave19561

activation

Hi all,

Still without this 'sevice' for four days now.

Activate number nowhere to be found to log in.

Screen depicts circle going round for a full 3 hours whilst i was waiting!

Time to bin these, Now tv for me , slightly cheaper as well.

This message was authored by AJ67 This message was authored by: AJ67

Cannot link my account using code.

I have had no TV since Thursday evening. I'm trying to link my account to my Sky Stream puck but when I go to https://sky.com/activateto enter the code I keep getting the message "Oops there has been a problem" and says call a Sky expert but can't get to speak to anyone. Could someone help please?

This message was authored by Murdo This message was authored by: Murdo

Anyone else still getting sky puck issues?

Recently subscribed to sky, installed puck last Wednesday and it hasn't worked since! 

Tried multiple times to reset, followed the instructions and spent literally hours trying to get through to a human to help! Anyone else still experiencing issues?

This message was authored by K92 This message was authored by: K92

Re: Moving to NOW

@dave19561 

Remember NOW is owned by SKY in the UK - out of the frying pan.....?

Re: Cannot link my account using code.

@AJ67 wrote:

I have had no TV since Thursday evening. I'm trying to link my account to my Sky Stream puck but when I go to https://sky.com/activateto enter the code I keep getting the message "Oops there has been a problem" and says call a Sky expert but can't get to speak to anyone. Could someone help please?

@AJ67 

There could be two reasons for this 

1 you need to login to your sky account before going to the activate page

2 you are using the wrong email address to login - it has to be the email address you used when purchasing glass / stream 

Re: activation

@dave19561 wrote:

Hi all,

Still without this 'sevice' for four days now.

Activate number nowhere to be found to log in.

Screen depicts circle going round for a full 3 hours whilst i was waiting!

Time to bin these, Now tv for me , slightly cheaper as well.

Suggest you pull the plug on the tv and try the recovery process again 

This message was authored by Sarah2882 This message was authored by: Sarah2882

The recovery process has not worked for me. I called on Sunday morning and went through all the steps on the phone but nothing worked. The advisor said he was filling in a form for another department who would get back to me but no one has.

My TV is stuck on a blue screen that says connecting and has a progress bar that never moves. The red light alternates between flashing and going off but the blue screen remains.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion