Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Joanne2011 This message was authored by: Joanne2011

Re: sky glass not working

I am having the same issue, I just keep getting the oops something went wrong message.

This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

Re: Software upgrade gone wrong.

Thousands of people have been left without their sky glass since this meltdown happened on Thursday last week. There is an article on this page that Can help you get it back.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We can confirm the issues experienced by some customers on Sky Glass and Stream were not the result of a cyber attack.

Our engineers have resolved the issue, but if you are still experiencing problems, please visit www.sky.com/glasstv where you can follow the process to restore your service.  We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by KICA1973 This message was authored by: KICA1973

I am same issue with my mothers - any advice , cannot get throught to customer service

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Software upgrade gone wrong.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Anita1949,

As @Hobbayne64 has highlighted there was an issue last week. You need to follow the recovery steps as outlined here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on

If you are having issues with the downloading of the software. You may have more sucess connecting via ethernet, and then once the recovery is complete, you shoudl be able to connect via wifi as normal. See this thread for info on what has worked for other people: Answered: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24 | Sky Community.

Unfortunitly Sky don't offer engineer support for Glass or Stream. It is a self set up product. However they may be able to assist you with the process, have you called them? We are fellow subscribers here on the forum.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by AJ67 This message was authored by: AJ67

What sky phone numbers did you use? I keep getting cut off.

This message was authored by Matt19891 This message was authored by: Matt19891

It's nice to know there are some kind people out that are trying to help other people get there sky back on so I would like to thank everyone who has help me. 

This message was authored by Ttttt This message was authored by: Ttttt

Customer service told me yesterday. That realistically it'll be 3 working days before it's fixed.

Thursday a full week. Thank the gods all of them, I don't sky glass, I can watch my smart TV it's an LG but the sky stream is a disaster.

And superusers idc what you have to say, you're answers are useless.

You are telling me. And you lot are either paid or subsidised by sky. If you had no service for 5 days and was told it'll be another 3 before it's fixed you wouldn't be happy either. Stop replying to me. 

Worker bees. Telling us to repeat 🔁 repeat 🔁 repeat again it'll work eventually.

@Jporch316 @

[inappropriate comments removed]

Moderator note: language removed

Yeah that's why every comment gets a response from whatever you want to call yourself financial ruin.

I cancelled on the last month of trial 🤣 [inappropriate comments removed]

Moderator note: language and accusations removed

This message was authored by dzy82f This message was authored by: dzy82f

@KevNewMedia wrote:

Hi Everyone

We can confirm the issues experienced by some customers on Sky Glass and Stream were not the result of a cyber attack.

Our engineers have resolved the issue, but if you are still experiencing problems, please visit www.sky.com/glasstv where you can follow the process to restore your service.  We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

@KevNewMedia 

I'm afraid your engineers have not resolved my issue. I've tried doing a reset with an Ethernet cable which sometimes partially works but most of the time I end up with, either nothing, or, "flashing white lights". Even when this partially works, the puck can't find my wifi network even though every other device in the hous can.

Pease you let me know what I should try next?

Many thanks

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We welcome healthy debate from all angles, however can we be mindful of the Community Guidelines please.  Everyone should be treated with respect and be nice to each other.

For avoidance of doubt, our Superusers are not staff, they are knowledgable helpful customers, who enjoy helping others.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@KevNewMedia wrote:

Hi Everyone

Are you allowed to tell us what it actually was? 

Posted by a Sky employee

@Mister_Dalek wrote:

@KevNewMedia wrote:

Hi Everyone

Are you allowed to tell us what it actually was? 

I can't go into the detail of the technical problem I'm afraid @Mister_Dalek 

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Joanne2011 This message was authored by: Joanne2011

Hi I just spoke to them again apparently they need to do another software release to fix the link errors. I asked about time scales and he said hopefully by 26th. It's just not good enough leaving vulnerable elderly customers without a service. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion