Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky Glass and Stream Pucks - Won’t load the home screen beyond a blue refresh screen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ClareP123 wrote:

After trying the recovery process for the 4/5th time, I now have scenic pictures on my screen. 
no instructions to reboot, and regardless of what button I press on the remote, nothing happens 

What kind of scenic pictures ? Are you sure this is not a screensaver built into your tv ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Re: Hi my sky puck hasn’t worked for 3 days I’ve tried everything suggested any ideas ?

@Gemma411 wrote:

Hi my sky puck hasn't worked for 3 days I've tried everything and can't get through to them on the phone any ideas ? Thanks 

Try this 

Pull your plug out

press and hold the standby button on the bottom  of the puck as you look at it

put the plug back in while still holding the standby button

keep holding the standby button until the light at the front of the tv starts flashing 

let standby button go 

follow on screen prompts 

when you get to the pin screen pull the plug again and turn back on 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by BobW2 This message was authored by: BobW2

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Have gon through reset  and activation again,  and it has worked - for the time being. Has anyone else had this issue -  sucessful reboot and  rstoration of service  to have it go down  again? I don't understand what is causing the problem.

This message was authored by Flintbox This message was authored by: Flintbox

@GD1it does not work for everyone and when you ring on phone for hours to be told we are working on it. 

This message was authored by Kaz9682 This message was authored by: Kaz9682

@Spilly88 sadly that hasn't worked for me!pressed it for over 5 minutes..just went back to black screen and no signal 😒

This message was authored by BobW2 This message was authored by: BobW2

I would like to add my thanks to  the non Sky employee Superusers giving advice here,  appreciate the time and effort they are giving trying to  help  people.

This message was authored by Gemma411 This message was authored by: Gemma411

Re: Hi my sky puck hasn’t worked for 3 days I’ve tried everything suggested any ideas ?

I have tried the rest button but nothing comes up on my tv screen at all I've tried it constantly for 3 days now 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky Stream Puck stuck on PIN reset

@Mrs+Kennedy wrote:

My pin incorrect if been trying for two days thought I'd sorted it after resetting the puck everything fine then I get to the pin back to 0-3 goes try changing pin do as instructions says and then incorrect geez nightmare

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@Gemma411 wrote:

I have tried the rest button but nothing comes up on my tv screen at all I've tried it constantly for 3 days now 

You need to pull the plug then hold the reset button in continually while you put the plug back in and continue to hold until the lights on the front of the puck flash multicoloured (after flashing white ) then leave the button go 

This message was authored by Law1987 This message was authored by: Law1987

Thanks least I can watch football now and my boys can 

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Gemma411   If you have not already done so have a look at the Answer (post 2) and follow this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on for the recovery process. It has not worked for all subscribers

Most people who have an issue seem to get stuck at either the PIN or activation steps. If asked for a PIN just ignore it and unplug your Glass TV and then plug it back in again after about 30 seconds. After it reboots you should be able to continue the recovery procedure.

When you are aske to enter an activation cove ensure you are logged into your My Sky account or you will get an Oops..... error message.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

@BobW2 wrote:

I would like to add my thanks to  the non Sky employee Superusers giving advice here,  appreciate the time and effort they are giving trying to  help  people.

Thanks @BobW2  we can't fix every issue and are learning more solutions as the days go by !

This message was authored by Havill This message was authored by: Havill

I'm starting to get fed up with it all if they don't give answers in which it would be nice if they picked the phone up

to Let us know when Sky will be up and running again

no one is getting a proper service for three days no one is saying anything if it continues, I shall cancel my contract not giving customer satisfaction poor service

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Havill Have you tried the steps posted in the thread?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Brian225 This message was authored by: Brian225

Yes, service not fit for purpose.....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion