Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Ginner This message was authored by: Ginner

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

The puck doesn't start. It's been flashing for 3 days. I called sky and they had me on hold for over an hour. I ended up hanging up. This is ridiculous, and that chat robot on sky site is useless. 3 days having to watch TV on the phones. Not what I'm paying £85 a month for

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ginner wrote:

The puck doesn't start. It's been flashing for 3 days. I called sky and they had me on hold for over an hour. I ended up hanging up. This is ridiculous, and that chat robot on sky site is useless. 3 days having to watch TV on the phones. Not what I'm paying £85 a month for

Not sure what you have tried so far.

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass TV customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Cdrw111 This message was authored by: Cdrw111

Still down today for me

Cdrw111_0-1726990491082.jpeg

This message was authored by Ricardo414 This message was authored by: Ricardo414

Mine working now , funny got up try red bottom again 20 sec  bomb it's on , still not happy how sky deal with issue thou 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: My sky Puck has stopped working tried rebooting and followed master reset. It will not accept pi

@Goodbye2024 wrote:

Our sky Puck has ceased working it was flashing on switching on then saying no signal. Have checked connections, power source and conducted a master reset. On reset and following instructions it will not progress pass the pin request despite correct pin entered and even tried resetting the pin to be sure. Please help. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. 

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

It doesn't turn on. Its just flashing

This message was authored by Linda1233 This message was authored by: Linda1233

Re: Where do you put the activation code in? After resetting my tv?

I have the same problem cant see where to put the activation code . When I go to activate code it asks for my post code when I put it in it says there is an error. At it all day yesterday cant get the TV working without putting in the code  can anybody help 

Thank you

This message was authored by Vickim8558 This message was authored by: Vickim8558

Re: Sky glass completely unusable

I'll try unplugging my WiFi router and redo the recovery process. Yes the glass is connected to WiFi. The problem I have is my router connection is in a cupboard and not close to tv. I'm not tech savvy what's the Ethernet thing? 

This message was authored by Sean8815 This message was authored by: Sean8815

it is now the 22/09/24 and my sky Glass still won't turn on, I have followed all the typical nonsense steps and it still will not turn on. I expect some compensation for this, hopefully early termination because TV has been nothing but bother, 2 exploded tv remotes, constant issues wit hthe VC, awful TV

This message was authored by Helpme13 This message was authored by: Helpme13

Any updates on stream outage?

Does anyone have any updates atall on the stream outage as we are still without service and no idea on a timeframe for fixing? 
anyone 

This message was authored by Samantha4024 This message was authored by: Samantha4024

Sky Stream not working

I still can't get my Sky Stream to work since Friday , I have tried all the reset and trouble shooting guides, how big is this technical problem and how long will Sky be down? 

This message was authored by Sarden7 This message was authored by: Sarden7

We have tried the steps to restart sky glass and these are still not working. 3rd day without glass now, our puck upstairs is working. Can't get hold of Sky at all.

Iah me on hold for over an hour yesterday. It's disgusting 

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Any updates on stream outage?

@Helpme13  What steps ahev you tried in the last few days since the outage?  See post 2 of the thread you post has been merged to.

Have you tried these, the steps have now been up Since Friday

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Kaz9682 This message was authored by: Kaz9682

I just spoke to someone and it was like groundhog day..nothing worked!! She was absolutely lovely though. I asked why sky keep sending links to fix the problem when it doesn't work. She said that's the procedure to follow when the problem is fixed at their end..so no point!! She had no idea when it will be resolved and I said "could be weeks then" she couldn't answer that 😒 I burst into tears at the end from pure frustration 😭

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion