Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Tv isn’t working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Abbie39 

There was an issue with Glass and Stream. As per Sky's info you need to try the recovery process to restore: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Havill This message was authored by: Havill

Re: My sky glass Tv has stopped connecting to the internet but my router works fine for my laptop

No one is saying when sky glass will be up n running  getting fed up now 

wot is going on we all know there's a problem what are you doing about it?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@Jånet wrote:

@lettice 

Thanks for the suggestion - I have done as suggested via the app. When I click on Device management it says 'Oops....etc as always. I've also tried using sky.com on my phone and on my laptop - always the same result.

Ok thanks for letting us now.

I think annoyingly the app just opens the same webpage.

But thought it was worth a try.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Paul+Dray wrote:

I'm wondering if this is a 'hide my ip address' feature setting problem on people's devices.

I have told a few posters to turn off their router for 10 minutes to try and grab a different external ip address ..... we don't know if the activation site is geo locked to uk ip addresses and some of the newer ones haven't been registered. Trouble is no one seems to post back if it's worked or not 

Apple devices that have an iCloud+ subscription has a feature called Private Relay. This, if enabled hides ip addresses and has been known to create issues on certain websites. Via Browsers or Apps.  I'm wondering if this is what's happening. Be good to know if this is just affecting Apple device users.

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.528.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by Piker20 This message was authored by: Piker20

Doesn't work for my puck. 

Ethernet or WiFi it flashes and then sky appears on TV the. no signal found message.

The remote now turns my TV off for some reason. Never used to do that before 

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

@lettice wrote:

@Paul+Dray 

thank you so far for your efforts, most appreciated 😀

Once a Tech Support person always a Tech Support person 😁

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.528.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Piker20 wrote:

Doesn't work for my puck. 

Ethernet or WiFi it flashes and then sky appears on TV the. no signal found message.

The remote now turns my TV off for some reason. Never used to do that before 

Not sure what you have tried so far.

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do.

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass TV customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Polqaz This message was authored by: Polqaz

@Paul+Dray

Thanks - I disabled the private relay feature on my iPhone but unfortunately there is no change.  Also tried logging on using a dell device but the same issue arises.

This message was authored by Piker20 This message was authored by: Piker20

Re: Sky glass not turning on

Stop saying this works.  And the "some people had to try three times" really winds me up.

I've tried over 30x since yesterday at different times and with ethernet and WiFi and the TV just says no signal received from the puck.  

Totally useless.  The puck will flash and SKY appears on the TV but nothing else. Even if you hold the button for 10mins. Didn't try for longer as my finger gets sore and it's clearly not the solution. 

This message was authored by Ricardo414 This message was authored by: Ricardo414

Re: Sky glass not turning on

Mine don't nothing at all . Completely nothing  stuck watching things on my PC which sound rubbish 

This message was authored by Polqaz This message was authored by: Polqaz

@Jporch316 

Thanks - tried this but no change unfortunately 

This message was authored by isobel74 This message was authored by: isobel74

This is abosutly digusting 3 days still no sky glass .Sky customer services garbage .I will be cancelling the contract .it stuck on you are now connected  continue does not move past that  .Sky glass garbage

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: My sky glass Tv has stopped connecting to the internet but my router works fine for my laptop

@Havill  I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same issue, you added your post to a thread from May, which is nothing to do with the current outage. 

There are also full steps on how to get your TV/Puck back up & running in post 2 of this thread, these steps have been there for a day so far.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Paulbuckland557 This message was authored by: Paulbuckland557

Lattice, this is not the way it works... I'm reading countless people agreeing it doesn't work,and none saying it did. 

I know u are not a sky employee so please don't pretend things for them...

This message was authored by K92 This message was authored by: K92

Re: Sky streaming issues

Hi

Looks like people keep trying the advice from Sky and some on here. I did get through to Sky after over an hours wait and I was told you cannot sort it - just switch off for 2 days.

I did that and today switched the puck back on and it worked - no reset! Do not know why but cannot compalin too loudly in case it goes down again!!

This is not doing Sky any good! They need to come clean and explain exactly what the problem is!

We were unhappy about streaming because we were not told about the subtitles problem -  we need to watch certain programmes live to get subtitles.

Sky really needs to sort all this out!

Otherwise , they will lose many customers!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion