Discussion topic: How do I connect my DVD to my Sky Glass TV?

This message was authored by 1Brockbank This message was authored by: 1Brockbank

How do I connect my DVD to my Sky Glass TV?

I need to know how to connect my DVD player to my Sky Glass TV.

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: How do I connect my DVD to my Sky Glass TV?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The Sky Glass will have HDMI sockets you can use to connect the DVD player to the Tv using an HDMI cable (providing your dvd player supports HDMI)

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@1Brockbank 

Glass can struggle with older optical disk players, and some DVD hardware is now very old.  HDMI #3 has a compatibility option in Settings to try and help, but you may need to consider a modern Blu-ray player instead.

Note that if your player has a SCART connection or is integrated with speakers as a 'home cinema' system of twenty years ago then it's really time to pension it off.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Donky This message was authored by: Donky

How do I get sound though from my dvd player on my sky glass it work tho HDMI just have no sound that comes through 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Donky 

You could try it on HDMI #3 with the compatibility mode, but Glass just doesn't like older DVD players, which to be fair are now very dated technology.  Blu-ray players are more likely to be successful.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Kev110 This message was authored by: Kev110

This is clear a copy right protection on the skyglass TVs . I use a bose system, and when we. first had the TV .I connected it up to the skyglass TV on the HDMI .it worked brilliantly.  I could play any DVD .now I can only get the DVD players menu up on the screen. And play copies of DVDs .but not the genuine DVDs . now I've read that old players won't work .well it's nothing do with the old DVD player. Sky have put out up dates for these TVs .and installed software to stop us playing our old DVDs. I play a Mike Oldfield live DVD .which I used when I set it up.  It played perfectly. Now won't play at all .I get no picture . But can play a copied DVD ,no problem. We have brought our TV. Now it's no good to us .what a rip off . You can't play you old favourite DVDs anymore. It's another scam .get us buy new players .it seems 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion